Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: oestrogel queries... dose, swimming and sunbathing!....help!  (Read 9675 times)

Sazduggs

oestrogel queries... dose, swimming and sunbathing!....help!
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:43:46 PM »

Hi,  :)

its been a while but......
I am on 100 everol patch, its been just over a month and there has been a great improvement but I still feel a tiny bit off so my  consultant said maybe I should be a little higher,(E levels are 257) he says at 34 years old he want them over 500. he has just prescribed oestrogel, 1 dose on arm once a day....does this mean 1 pump??? or is 1 dose 2-4 pumps??? im confused and I cant ask him now! he has said that it is up to me if I up the dose with the gel or stick to just the patch, I think I will because im still getting a few flushes and mood swings

also does it gradually sink in through the day? or do I get a huge one off hit? I was on pills and it always felt like a massive dose an hour after taking it

does bathing and swimming wash it off?? or is there a certain amount of time I can stay in the water?

can I sunbathe with it on? can I put sunscreen on top???

thanks in advance

xxxx

Dancinggirl

Re: oestrogel queries... dose, swimming and sunbathing!....help!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:09:21 PM »

Hi Sazduggs
Baffling that your oestrogen level is so low on such a high dose patch!!!!  It may be early days and it can take time for your body to build up the oestrogen level.
Do read the leaflet as it should give you all the info you need.  If you are using just the oestrogen gel then one pump per day is a very low dose and if you are 34 you do need a higher dose - probably at least 2 pumps.  If you are using the gel as a top up to the patch then I'd start with one pump each day either morning or evening. 
I always apply it to my inner thighs ( bigger area to apply it and less likely to get gel on breasts) - leave it to dry off for 10 mins before dressing and I believe you need to avoid getting the area wet for about 2 hours. Once this 2 hours are up you can apply creams etc. but you should always make sure the skin is clean and dry before application - no moisturisers etc before application.
Hope that helps.  DG x

Cassie

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:28:58 PM »

I would start off with just one pump I am on that and my levels have always been med to high, use it on your legs I rotate legs and use it @ night, then you have no problems re sun bathing swimming etc, I get into bed then I put it on. Cold in winter though :)

donnacrichton

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »

Hi was wondering how you were getting on. I tried to change to patches without success. Went back to gel and was starting to feel better. Couldn't get zoladex until 2 days after it was due. Been a nightmare since now 2 weeks. I am guessing my own hormones kicked in. Have you managed to get it every 28 days. Nurse wasn't putting it deep enough either so now to get it at the hospital.  Got my estrogen tested on 3 pumps and was 430 which is good but just need it to settle again x

Sazduggs

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 02:32:27 PM »

Oh no that's not good, I get zolodex from my gp and do it myself!!! My E on 100 patch is 270 I'm sure sure how much it has gone up since I added 1 pump a week ago. This last week I feel very normal and stable, although I have had fly since 2 days ago so I am feeling shitty!! Not sure why E is still low on so much but I'm guessing that's just me!!!

lancashirelass

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »

Your level is low.  You need a.min of 300 for bone protection.  I would say min 2 pumps possibly more. 

donnacrichton

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 08:43:21 PM »

Do you not feel it very painful not sure I could do it myself😦

Sazduggs

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 08:54:38 PM »

I will probably go to 2 pumps in a few weeks- slowly slowly catchy monkey!!!

Donna it's awful and hurts like hell!! But I'm used to jabbing myself from ivf days!!

Xx

donnacrichton

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 09:06:42 PM »

I got it done with consultant and nipped a bit. When nurse does it it's agony. I only missed by 2 days and levels to pot. Wasn't sure if only 2 days would cause so much chaos. Not many people on it to get advice. Estrogen level dropping again but having to go through all the flushes and burning again. Just hoping it settles soon. Trying so hard not to fiddle with gel dose x