Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Inhaled Food  (Read 3564 times)

toffeecushion

Inhaled Food
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:58:41 AM »

I choked on some sweetcorn yesterday and then scared myself by thinking did I inhale any.  So this morning I am convinced some went down the wrong way and is lodged in my lungs.

Has anyone else had food go down the wrong way?

karin

Re: Inhaled Food
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 02:15:30 PM »

Don't worry hun, it's not in your airways so you are fine- horrible experience though xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »

You slept last night?  You're not coughing.  Sweet corn can be scratchy so may well have left a feeling as it went down the wrong way. 

toffeecushion

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 05:24:49 PM »

I am coughing occasionally and I do feel a little chesty, but I guess that could be from the coughing when I was choking.  Have also got a bit of a sore throat and swallowing is a little difficult, but that could also be because of the choking. 

I have just answered my own post really, I probably didn't inhale the sweetcorn afterall.  Still worried a bit though :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 05:33:28 PM »

It's sore from the 'wrong way' effect probably.  By now you would be in Hospital  ;) - I had a huge problem several years ago and thought I was going to die  :o - I ended up wheezing over the sink ……… scary.

honeybun

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »

When my daughter was six weeks old she vomited and breathed in at the same time. She stopped breathing...not for a second or two...just stopped. Hubby had her upside down, dangling by her ankles as I was dialling 999. We were then talked through CPR until the ambulance arrived. She was fine...she breathed in liquid.
It was the singularly most frightening thing that has ever happened to me in my life. Hubby...the star that he is, was cool calm and collected.  She was prone to chest infections after that.

If you don't feel right then go speak to your GP, but I think you will be just fine

Honeybun
X