Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hot,itchy very dry skin  (Read 3646 times)

renee

Hot,itchy very dry skin
« on: April 04, 2015, 01:56:32 PM »

2 weeks ago I increased my HRT to 2/10 Femoston, it's helping with most of the horrid meno symptoms except my skin is unbearable, very dry, tight and feels ****ly hot. My hair has been falling out more too.

Any ideas? Xx

SueRoe

Re: Hot,itchy very dry skin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 02:50:22 PM »

Have you tried E45 Itch Relief cream from most chemists? Works for me. Especially calming for furious itch if you chill it a bit in the fridge. Eucerin cream is supposed to be very good too but it's much more expensive than E45 Itch Relief. You have my sympathy Renee!

renee

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »

Freda...I have tried bathing in the stuff. Vaseline intensive care, e45, garner. It gives me relief for about 10 mins then it feels parched again. Had a shower this morning and I'm even having a cool shower. Hair is falling out too. Might get my iron levels checked.....again lol xx

Maryjane

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 06:05:38 PM »

Daily antihistamine.

SueRoe

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 07:42:31 PM »

Oh dear Renee! I'm sure others will have some hints for you. My only other suggestion is to switch to washing just the "essential bits" - if you get my drift - at the bathroom basin instead of standing under the shower, just for a few days to see if giving your skin a rest from showering, and consequently not washing away all your skin's oils, will help. I've just thought - have you tried switching to a "sensitive" / non-bio clothes detergent and doing without fabric conditioner? I found HRT helped for a while but it didn't last.

Anna

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 08:17:02 PM »

Hiya

Totally sympathise with you Renee.  I've had very dry skin all my life so must have used mountains of E45 but it didn't do much for this horrible itch.  I swear by Aveeno with shea butter for general use and the skin relief one with menthol when the itch is bad.  I'll use the E45 bath oil too.  It was a relief to find something that worked for me.  I hope you find something that works x

renee

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:17:34 PM »

Thanks everyone, Im going through cream like water lol

Think I'm going to get bloods done to see if Im maybe anaemic again.....as nothing is helping xx

SueRoe

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 10:34:35 AM »

I stopped my HRT on 1st April and my itchy skin stopped being itchy over the last couple of days...Hmmm.

babyjane

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 10:39:10 AM »

I agree with Freda. I used to shower every day but I don't now.  When I do I just used aqueous cream instead of shower cream or gel and I never use water on my face or it goes all dry and tight.

renee

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 05:49:27 PM »

I managed to get my iron levels and thyroid bloods done today so we will see if it's one of them that's making my skin so dry and parched feeling and hair loss.

Thanks everyone 😬😬😬

renee

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 08:26:09 PM »

Well it's not my iron levels or thyroid....must be hormonal.

Just another symptom of the Menooause I presume...hope the femoston 2/10 starts working soon then. Iv also noticed little things are getting under my skin, I can't seemed to shrug things off like I used to, Iv lost a sister, sister in law and best friend in the past 18 months.....my sister doesn't speak to me anymore, my sister in law has caused a huge problem in my family and I just haven't seen my best friend in 8 months. Seems like my inner circle is becoming smaller and smaller. All this has definetly gotten under my skin....maybe my hair loss is stress related.

Who knows?? Xx