Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: How did your GP respond?  (Read 27765 times)

Limpy

Re: How did your GP respond?
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2015, 08:30:04 PM »

Limpy, perhaps you can bring more to the discussion or comment on some of the other items we're discussing. I'm certainly not shouting at anyone.

its not good enough for us.
Look forward to your comments or suggestions to help change/make things better :)

Offending comment removed.

BTW
its not good enough for us.
Looks like shouting to me

peegeetip

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2015, 08:37:39 PM »

Hi Honeybun

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2369218/Worlds-oldest-mother-Rajo-Devi-Lohan-74-says-giving-birth-daughter-kept-living-longer.html

She was able to have a baby at 74 and the problems she faced at delivery could have threatened a much younger mother also. The actual problem she faced was the IVF process not that her body couldn't have the baby.

In terms of my comment on men.
In days gone by the mother would effectively be left without food and sustenance from her "male" provider.
So you'd think nature would have stopped men having the ability to father babies they could never hope to provide for.

Not sure what your point is when all I'm stating is a different slant on the idea why we have to have menopause at all.

Not sure about your comments on derision of HRT?
Was it in connection to "But neither are treated with the derision that we peri/meno suffer from."
That use of the word was in relation to how people / doc treat us.

:-*

peegeetip

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 08:44:07 PM »

Thanks but just highlighting Limpy. ;)

Great post GeordieGirl, totally agree with your points.  :clapping:

BrightLight

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2015, 08:48:52 PM »

Brightlight, your welcome to your opinions but your talking from an early point in your journey. The point I made was simply "lets not call it natural anymore" however I seem to have to defend why this might be a good idea.
You've said a few points and I disagree with your some of your points thats all :)

I am talking from an early point in my journey. Yes, and have a contribution to make about how GP's approach women with issues related to menopause. In the context of this thread, whether you or I think menopause is natural or not isn't the real point is it?  The point I am reading from yourself and others is that GP's use this as a reason to dismiss.  My point is the same as yours, they should not dismiss.

GeorgieGirl explains well how I think the ideal consultation, exploration and treatment would go - sadly it doesn't happen for most.

honeybun

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2015, 08:54:54 PM »

Think we are going to have to agree to differ.

Just thought I would join in with the shouting.....sorry highlighting
 ::)  ;D

Honeybun
X
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 08:57:49 PM by honeybun »

peegeetip

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »

Hence we take away/stop using the "natural" reference that is misused brightlight. Simples :)

Honeybun, if the highlighting is misunderstood then perhaps we don't need the option to bold etc? I believe another post was colouring up too but hey anything that keeps people happy  :beat:

Helpful link on using bold or colour or size to emphasize (not shout)  ::)
http://www.netmanners.com/48/is-this-shouting-too/
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:14:31 PM by peegeetip »

BrightLight

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2015, 09:09:20 PM »

Hence we take away/stop using the "natural" reference that is misused brightlight. Simples :)

I would agree that natural doesn't mean there are no symptoms that need treating, your opinion has come across that it is not natural full stop, not just in relation to the use of the word as a way to dismiss.  Menopause is a natural phenomena, like childbirth is natural.  That is not really disuputable.

honeybun

« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 09:16:48 PM »

Highlighting to me means shouting as does using capital letters.

Brightlight I totally agree with you, of course it is.

No dispute over that from me anyway.

Honeybun
X

peegeetip

« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2015, 09:23:23 PM »

I think anyone who's had a child would probably debate that childbirth is natural either :D
Personally the amount of medical help and assistance I received having children never led me to believe it was possible outside the hospital setting.

Honeybun just read the link its very informative ;)

honeybun

« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2015, 09:28:28 PM »

Now I really have read it all.

Childbirth...not natural outside a hospital.

Going to stop now before this gets anymore ....well simply ridiculous.

I don't actually need a lesson in net matters thank you Peegeetips but thank you so much for the kind offer.
Think I will pass this time.

honorsmum

« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2015, 09:36:35 PM »

Neither of mine were born in hospital.  :)

BrightLight

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2015, 09:44:20 PM »

Natural in cause or treatment? 

Childbirth is not man-made (exception is intervention as in the article you posted) and menopause is not man-made (exception as in the intervention with hysterectomy etc).

Natural means derived from nature.

BrightLight

« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2015, 09:45:50 PM »

The thread has been de-railed - the question was how do GP's respond and one of the points is that they respond poorly due to menopause being 'natural' and all of us here seem to think they need to up their game.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:21:49 PM by BrightLight »

dazned

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2015, 09:54:17 PM »

Hear hear Brightlight, you hit the nail on the head !

A lot of gps deffo need to up their game !   ;)

Moomcat

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2015, 11:16:10 PM »

Well, after reading this thread I have to say that I've been really lucky and I'm sorry some of you have had such unpleasant experiences. 

My GP took bloods after hearing my symptoms and when my results came back showing I was peri-menopausal at the age of 43 I was shown consideration and care.

I was given options on medication and advised because of my age to seriously consider HRT. My GP gave me time to have a think and on my next appointment we chatted about what would be best.

Sadly I had a negative reaction to  the progeston (?) of my Evorel Sequi and had to go back. My own GP was unavailable and I saw a male doctor this time and he was fantastic as well.

He's trying me on Femosten and if I have difficulties with this, he'll refer me to the menopause clinic at the local hospital.

For the record, I am of the opinion that menopause is 100% natural...just the same as menstruation. It's a biological process, it's not man made and it happens to each and every one of us ladies.

MC.xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8