Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Did anyone's hair come back?  (Read 2337 times)

dogdoc

Did anyone's hair come back?
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:39:11 AM »

Hmmmm. I'm not a particularly vain person ( ie very very little) but I gotta say when I feel the back of my head and my hair is sooooo thin back there I'm a little upset. I've always had super thick hair and now ( particularly at the crown) it's sooo thin that my 'part' is obvious and goes an extra few inches down the back of my head.

My scalp is not showing through more than this yet but if I lose a few more hairs it will :(
I've had drastic hair sheds in the past ( once each after the birth of the kids, once on a medication, once after drastic weight loss) and now this one. It has always come back in the last but this time I'm thinking I'm not super hopeful.

Has anyone had their hair come back after starting hrt?

Thanks...

DebsMK

Re: Did anyone's hair come back?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »

Mine has thickened up but not as thick as it used to be and my hair is definitely finer generally.  I have noticed lots of flyaway strands about 3 inches long now when I look in the mirror and I asked my hairdresser if my hair was breaking.  She seemed to think it was more likely to be new hair.  I have been on HRT for about 5 months.

dogdoc

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 12:01:21 PM »

Thanks debs. I will continue to hold out some small hope then :)
Tara

BrightLight

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 12:08:50 PM »

I have had periods of shedding and so far it's always grown back but definitely less volume. I'm keeping up with B vitamins and added Biotin recently (vitamin B7). My hairdresser said don't be afraid to brush and massage scalp due to shedding as both actually stimulate hair follicles and increase health.

Have hated my hair shedding but I live in hope it will continue going up and down in 'quality'. Some days it's really bouncy and happy, others not so much :)