Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: evorel conti  (Read 3188 times)

jaklyn

evorel conti
« on: April 16, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

Been on evorel conti for about 8 months but now have the heaviest periods every 2 weeks and sore breasts. Seen my doc this morning who has advised me to stop the HRT. We are going to Dubai in 12 days and Im worried sick about getting a period over there. Should I take northisterone to stop the bleed? Dont know what else to try. :(

Taz2

Re: evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:15 PM »

Hi Jaklyn.

Have you had the bleeding right from the start or is it a new thing?  I had constant bleeding when on a conti HRT and swapped back, eventually, to a sequi one so that I only had bleeding for a few days each month. I did have to have a scan first though to make sure that my womb lining wasn't too thick. As well as the advice to stop HRT (not very helpful I must say!) have you been referred for a scan?

Taz x  :welcomemm:

jaklyn

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 04:19:10 PM »

At first the doc thought I had fibroids but I got a biopsy and everything was fine. My periods have been so heavy since I started HRT. They are pretty eratic and just arrive without warning but had 2 last month. :(
Lynn

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

Hi again. How long had you been without periods before you started conti HRT and, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you? 

Taz x  :)

jaklyn

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 04:44:05 PM »

Hi I am 46, I have always had my periods but they have got heavier since I started Hrt, Having to get up 2-3 times in the night to change myself.
Lynn

peegeetip

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »

did you have a full year without periods before going onto conti option?

normally the insist on conti around the age of 53 or later.
if you start sequi hrt before this then you can move to conti after a year but that normal not offered when your younger like yourself.

could be your own periods are just still too strong for the conti option.

go back to evorel sequi before you go on holiday, no point being in completely new territory on a holiday as nice (and warm) as that.

stopping completely might have you with wider symptoms that might end up ruining your hols worse.

:-*

Limpy

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 05:20:01 PM »

Hi Jaklyn - Might be worth contacting Dr Currie so you can get decent advice to take to your GP so you can be sorted out before your holiday. It does cost (£25 I think) but it is well worth it.

It seems odd that you were put on conti when you are still having periods. I'me on Evorel conti and have never had a bleed.

Hope you get sorted before your holiday.

Taz2

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 09:12:38 PM »

Hi Jaklyn - I think that your GP has made a mistake in prescribing you conti HRT. You are supposed to have had at least a year without a period or be at least 53/54 before conti can be safely given. I agree that sequi would suit you better. This is the prescribing advice https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/15326.

Let us know how you get on!

Taz x

jaklyn

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2015, 05:48:55 AM »

Thank you for all the information. I was on sequi to begin with and felt fine but for some reason my doc decided I should be on conti. I am going to phone today and request sequi again.
Lynn :)

peegeetip

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 09:55:04 AM »

I'm at a loss why your doc would change you to conti so soon.

Unless you mentioned something about your periods and they misunderstood that you might like to stop them completely.

Hope you get back to normal now :)

:-*