Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 12 years of HRT......weaned myself off slowly.......back to square one  (Read 7299 times)

skkb

Re: 12 years of HRT......weaned myself off slowly.......back to square one
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 07:14:50 AM »

Hi Kathleen, yes, my sister in law had breast cancer over 20 years ago and had a mastectomy, forward 20 years and it returned in her other breast, a different type and more aggressive, so another mastectomy. She breast fed all three children, never smoked, very little alcohol and certainly carries no extra weight and never taken HRT!!  I think, like you, it can often just be bad luck. I took two Kalms last night with warm milk and actually slept reasonably well, still woke at times but much better night. I'm going to up my exercise and try to drop the few extra pounds I recently put on......I'm convinced things like that help, fingers crossed !!

Winterose

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 11:43:15 AM »

skkb  - you could just try some ADs - they give them on a much lower dose than for treating depression etc, but sounds like your HRt was at such a low level if it was keeping things under control then I would stick with it, I know i cant cope with sleepless nights and actually they are bad for you healthwise I imagine I will be on a low dose for rest of my life .  Remember 2 glasses of wine a day is just as likely to give you breast cancer as HRT if you are susceptible and after 12 years with no sign of cancer you may well be ok. 

skkb

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 09:00:10 PM »

Thanks Winterose, seems there is just as much information for as against. Have appointment with doctor next week, will chat and then make a decision. I think we are the ginea pig generation who are mostly working things out for ourselves so far as this goes.
Pages: 1 [2]