Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Breast pain on Estelle Duet 1 mg  (Read 4691 times)

SusanT66

Breast pain on Estelle Duet 1 mg
« on: March 12, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »

Hi

I have just started second pack of Estelle Duet 1mg. Difference has been astonishing, fatigue, joint pain, low mood all gone. I feel like myself again and noticed improvements within 48 hours. Only issue is very tender painful swollen breasts. I have gone up a cup size. I have breast cysts and these are hurting badly. Will this resolve itself? Is it the oestrogen or progesterone part of HRT that causes breast pain? Any recommendations for relief? Would Femoston be a better choice? Any help would be gratefully received because apart from the sore boobs, I feel like a new woman! Thank you. :)

Joyce

Re: Breast pain on Estelle Duet 1 mg
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:02:35 AM »

I'm only on oestrogen & suffered with painful breasts when starting/increasing dose. Became quite painful. I was told by GP to take starflower oil capsules with around 250mg of GLA. Took about a month to ease. Stopped taking after a few months and pain never returned.

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »

I think that sore breasts is part of the settling process.  When I started back on a sequi HRT regime I had some discomfort on the oestrogen phase and my breasts got really sore when I was on the progesterone.  3 months on and I'm getting far less discomfort so I do think it settles as the body adjusts.  DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:42:06 PM »

Hi SusanT66

Just wanted to say  :welcomemm:

Glad you are feeling better on the HRT generally and hope the breast pain settles soon.

Hurdity  x

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 12:11:15 PM »

I'm on my 4th month of HRT - 3rd of femoston conti - the breast pain was quite bad at the beginning, and it has eased somewhat, but they are still sore now and then - that wincing when you take the bra off at the end of the day.... hopeful it will go completely at some stage - otherwise I'm feeling much better generally, if it wasn't for the boobs I could almost forget and be "normal" - well as normal as I ever was anyway  ::)  I take starflower capsules - should that have the same effect as primrose oil? If not I'll switch to see if that works better

Grumpymum

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 01:08:02 PM »

Before being on HRT, I suffered with breast pain in the week leading up to my period and the Breast Consultant recommended evening primrose oil that may take three months to get into your system. I have taken it ever since and breast pain has got much better. Hope it helps you.