Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Anxiety/headaches/palpitations and nausea  (Read 19482 times)

Suzyq

Re: Anxiety/headaches/palpitations and nausea
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2015, 12:26:50 AM »

A few of you have mentioned light-headed ness, low blood sugar feelings! I am diabetic and also on hrt and the one thing I do know is that low progesterone causes low blood sugar. Conversely progesterone increases insulin resistance! How do I know this? I discussed in detail with my endocrinologist as when I take progesterone my blood sugars go through the roof. Now that I'm only using cyclically, I am having to reduce my insulin when not using progesterone!! If this is one of your main symptoms, please be aware it is not likely to be related to estrogen levels at all but lack of progesterone (which also gives me a funny head!)
Hope this helps!

Annie0710

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2015, 03:23:20 PM »

Thank you Suzyq

I went to my gp appt, I haven't seen this one before, she was young and sweet and I did my usual and broke down as I started saying how I'm feeling.  She was sympathetic and said not to apologise, it sounds like menopause and my crying is part and parcel.

She sent me for bloods and amongst others she's testing FSH, oestrogen and progesterone to see what the levels are, and said as long as the others come back normal we can talk next week about what we need to add, adjust etc.  she said she will use the hormone results as a guide but even if they aren't showing anything she will work with me.  I nearly got some tablets to take for the palpitations for as and when basis up to 3 a day but she then said I can't have them because of my asthma, but again assured me she will work something out for that and the anxiety issues I'm having, and for sex side of things.  I have to take urine tomorrow so that can be tested as I'm having recurrent infections, and when emptying the bladder, it doesn't feel completely empty

I've come away with nothing apart from a plaster where the bloods were taken but really feel like I've a stumbled on a gp who actually cares, and at this moment in time, I feel I'm going to get some help

Xx

Suzyq

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2015, 04:07:30 PM »

It's a nightmare for all of us struggling with menopause! Who knew??

Annie so glad you found a helpful gp!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2015, 04:21:56 PM »

However, blood tests for hormone levels need to be taken at 'certain' times of the month  ::) my Gynae won't do them, but goes on symptoms ……… let us know how you get on!

If the urine comes back 'clear' then you may have early vaginal atrophy!

Annie0710

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2015, 04:28:01 PM »

However, blood tests for hormone levels need to be taken at 'certain' times of the month  ::) my Gynae won't do them, but goes on symptoms ……… let us know how you get on!

If the urine comes back 'clear' then you may have early vaginal atrophy!

I haven't googled vaginal atrophy yet CLKD
I think that's what she meant by the hormone levels, she won't take the result as gospel but she's testing also for
TSH + Free 4
Bone profile
Creatine and electrolytes
Liver profile
ESR
Full blood count
Glucose (random)

I took a pic of the list before I went to the hospital

She's kept my list I made of symptoms so she could write it on my notes
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2015, 04:29:57 PM »

It's a nightmare for all of us struggling with menopause! Who knew??

Annie so glad you found a helpful gp!!

I know!

I'm finding it extra confusing because I've had a hysterectomy, like when will I know I'm post menopausal ?
Xx

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »

She is being thorough, that's good ! which gives you a base to work from.  Vaginal atrophy, when the oestrogen level drops off = drying, thinning of skin, irritation which mimics bladder issues - can be treated ………

Let us know how you get on!  Any experiences shared  ;)

dazned

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2015, 05:29:39 PM »

Annie0710 at least your gp is open to things that's half the battle,wish I had her! Keep us all in the picture .

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2015, 08:26:01 PM »

Your GP could set up a Meno Clinic ……….  ;)

dazned

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2015, 08:32:48 PM »

Mine certainly couldn't !   :D

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 08:47:37 PM »

Mine could ……….. as could my Dentist  ;)

Annie0710

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 09:40:20 PM »

The female gp I saw a few years ago when these issues first came was older than me, I'd say at 55, she was a dragon, I cried in her room and she more or less told me to get a grip, crying because my gums hurt, crying because I felt weak and faint, she said she has to tell some patients they are terminally ill. I will never forget that day, of course I was/am aware that in the grand scheme of things, this is a phase, a non life threatening condition, but to be spoken to like that when you are at your lowest ebb was uncalled for, hence why I've never spoken about it since, until these past few weeks.  I did go today probably 80% sure I'd get another dragon! I'm just hoping this young lady keeps to her word and helps me! I kept thanking her today for her understanding

I will definitely keep you updated

I've had panics tonight, my gums have receded slightly more :-( and I've either burnt parts of the roof of my mouth from eating dinner Monday night, or it's another symptom, it's sore and it's just something else to drag me down
Xx

Annie0710

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2015, 10:50:38 AM »

On my way to docs to drop my wee off I got an Nhs text saying bloods are all normal, no further action required.  I was panic stricken and didn't understand it (obviously elated serious results were fine) so I asked the receptionist if she could tell me hormone results, the only figure I got, and she didn't understand them was progesterone was either 1 or <1 mnol ? She didn't tell me oestrogen or FSH not that i would've understood that either !

I can't really find anything on my beloved google searches , to me that sounds like progesterone is almost non existent but I don't know

Anyway, gp said yesterday she's using it as a guide only so I will do my best to plod on in this alien body and mind of mine and see her next Thursday
Xx

Suzyq

« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:37 PM »

The first thing to drop with me was progesterone - virtually zero all the time but estrogen (at that time and for at least 2 years after) was fine! I still had horrendous symptoms but managed very well for over a year just supplementing with progesterone. When estrogen levels dropped I then went onto full hrt

Annie0710

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2015, 03:20:22 PM »

What were your symptoms Suzy when progesterone deficient ?
Xx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4