Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Spotting  (Read 2723 times)

Js

Spotting
« on: March 06, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »

I am 56 on hrt and have been for 5 years with no problems and have been fine but yesterday I had some spotting which really surprised me not sure what todo I guess if it continues and gets worse I will have to let my meno  nurse know I am on evorel conti so don't have a bleed could it mean that my body is getting rid of any build up or unless something else more serious is going on

Any advice would be welcome

Js

Taz2

Re: Spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »

It's probably nothing to worry about Js but to be on the safe side I'd get it checked out. You could have a polyp which has decided to bleed. It will set your mind at rest.

Taz x

Js

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »

Thanks taz2

I have a  small polyp in my gall bladder but that wouldn't do it would it ? No blood in urine  but I will speak to my meno nurse Monday 

Thanks again

Js

Taz2

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 09:39:15 AM »

Sometimes polyps develop in the womb lining (endometrium) and this can lead to spotting or bleeding after sex.

"Polyps in the womb lining
An endometrial polyp (uterine polyp) is a lump in the inner lining of the womb. Most are benign (non cancerous) although some may contain small areas of cancer cells. They may be flat or mushroom shaped. They can be a few millimetres in size or several centimetres. They often cause no symptoms but can cause irregular menstrual bleeding, bleeding between periods, very heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia), and vaginal bleeding after menopause.

Some polyps go away on their own with no treatment. Larger polyps can be removed surgically. They often come back and can be removed again."

Let us know how you get on with the nurse.

Taz x

Js

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 04:36:07 PM »

Taz2

I keep records because I have migraines and keep notes of when I get them and when I take medication for them so I lookd back and I did have breakthrough bleeding /spotting while taking hrt patches about a year ago and it lasted about 1 to 2 days but not enough to use anything other than a panty liner so it is strange .but I will speak to nurse on Monday and see what she says I'm due the dreaded smear test this year anyway

Js

Taz2

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »

It's probably just a blip. I got my invite for my smear test this morning - had a total hysterectomy last year so that's one appointment I wont have to keep.  ;D

Taz x

Js

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 06:25:48 PM »

My meno nurse thought it was a blip but. Suggested I come off hrt anyway as I am only delaying the menopause process by being on it  is that tru I thought by being on hrt you are helping with the symptoms but still going through it maybe I have got it wrong

JS