Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: headaches  (Read 12793 times)

moonbeam121167

Re: headaches
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 10:50:24 AM »

Rosebud57

I wake up with terrible neckache and headache, I only drink one normal tea a day , the rest of the day I drink chamomile tea, I dont eat bread, some weeks the headaches are ok but then bang they come back bad, not sure why, they radiate from my neck up, if I put something cold on my neck it helps, they can get so bad it makes me feel sick, not really sure if they are migraines or a neck problem or hormonal, but I look on line and all they say is if you suffer from headaches use should use a transdermal route HRT, Amitriptyline makes me feel like a zombie and my GP refuses to give me Nortitrptyline as he says its banned !!!!!! but I believe its cause its too expensive just like the HRT patch, just dont know what to do, hate going to GP all the time they just don't listen to me !!!

moonbeam121167

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 11:03:50 AM »

I did suffer terrible  when my period was due and was hoping when I had my Total Hysterectomy it would go but sadly NO, do you think going back on the patches would be a start, didn't want to come off them but he told me I had to, I am on a high dose of 4mg pills and not sure what size patch I would need, I was on Estradot 100mg before the Consultant said it was too low and he said to double it but the GP said no and added 2mg of pills, the increase helped immensely and I had to go back for a review and he said I wasnt allow the patches no more and give me 4mg of Zumenon and but my headaches are bad so went back last week and he gave me the Amitrptyline again , but they make feel like a zombie so I stopped them, I am now going to see another GP and praying he will listen to me x

lancashirelass

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 04:55:56 PM »

Do not underestimate how hormone.fluctuations can cause.them as oral has.to bypass the.liver you are.more prone to them hence why you need to be firm and ask.for.gel or.patch

moonbeam121167

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 07:47:09 PM »

I will cause I felt quite good today but come about 7ish my head hurts and now I feel sick,  not sure though how much patch I would need as I am on 4 mg of pills, though maybe 2 x 100mg patches will be too much , anyone have any ideas x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 10:37:30 AM »

Hi all
      went back to a different GP this morning, he gave me the patch back but said he would only give me Estradot 100mg, he said try this dose for a few months and see how I feel, worried that my levels will drop back but I will give it a go, as for the headaches he had no clue, he said it could be down to too much estrogen or it could be down to a neck problem, I did ask for Nortirptyline but he said NO, he said try the patches see if they will help if not give the Amitriptyline a go again, so here goes the patches and I will be praying they will work and I will be ok but still concerned that my estrogen levels will fall again ...

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 05:03:55 PM »

Let us know how you get on!  Did he seem 'supportive'?

Headaches can be caused by: alcohol; neck tension; dehydration; hunger; over-use of headache relief medication …...

Dancinggirl

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 05:30:28 PM »

moonbeam121167 - the patches may well do the trick. 
I did find high oestrogen gave me a headache - I tend to do better on a lowish dose - we are all different.
Could you afford to have a good professional massage? I do wonder if you've got really bad tension that has built up. As I mentioned before I find the a dry atmosphere can make my sinuses play up and give me a headache as well. Maybe keep a diary to try an isolate when the headaches happen and see if there is an environmental or physical cause.  DG x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 08:54:21 PM »

CLKD,

I can't say he was supportive, all I am worried is the fact I was on 4mg Zumeron pills for a few months and before that Estradot 100mg and 2mg Zumeron, will the such low does bring back the all the menopause symptoms or do you think the 4mg pills may be causing the headaches as it is to high a dose but I will soon find out, I do hope and pray the 100mg patch will be ok and my headaches will ease and I wont have any menopause symptoms xx

honeybun

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2015, 10:37:17 PM »

Hopefully the patches will help your headaches.

Sometimes we have to compromise. It may come down to a few meno symptoms and fewer headaches.

Fingers crossed for you....let us know how it goes.

Honeybun
X

moonbeam121167

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 10:26:09 AM »

I was given some advice today, changing the patch every 2 days and it should then give me more, any one have any thoughts on this ??

Hurdity

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 04:46:29 PM »

Sorry missed this moonbeam.

Personally I wouldn't change that often as it takes at least 12 hours for new patch to reach max absoprtion. Not sure how long it take levels to decline after removal of the old one. I change mine every 3 and a half days. I would say the only issue is not that they run out but that they may come a bit unstuck so levels decline thay way. See how you get on - perhpas change every 3 days but harder to remember.... Maybe you might need an extra 25 mcg if it;s not enough rather than change patch more often?

How are you feeling now?

Hurdity x

moonbeam121167

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 08:29:59 PM »

Hurdity

I am feeling not too bad, as I said before feel like my old self but its these blinking headaches, the back of my neck aches, head feels heavy , my teeth and jaw aches which makes me feels sick. I was hoping changing back to the patches will help but so far NO,  I am trying every 3 days, Sun, then I will change again Wednesday, so it is just about 1/2 a  day less,  I did say to the GP would 100mg be enough as I was on 4mg of pills but he said to try the lower dose for a few months and see!!   I just wish these headaches would go,  I am going to ring the dentist tomorrow and see if they can help,  I  stopped my Ranitadine on Saturday to see if that could be a what is causing them as I was on a 300mg once a day. I get over one big hurdle and then get this crap, its not fair >:( thanks for asking kind of you  :)

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »

Tension can cause the symptoms you describe.  How about relaxation therapy from the toes upwards - takes time though I tried on Friday  ::) - or yoga/swimming ………. a course of physio might help with any neck tension too!

moonbeam121167

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:25 PM »

I had physio, didnt help, I am going to ring the dentist 2moz , I know the patches are not going to make it go away but help and just hope the reduction wont make my meno symptoms come back x

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

Are you due for a dental check?  Let us know how you get on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4