Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Oh the Frustration of it All!  (Read 4325 times)

Kathleen

Oh the Frustration of it All!
« on: February 25, 2015, 03:16:35 PM »

Hello ladies.

I am so frustrated at the moment and I'm hoping some of you lovely ladies can advise me.

I'm post meno and have been using a 50 mcg patch and 100mg Utrogestan orally for almost three months. During that time I have noticed my flushes diminishing and a few weeks ago I started to feel much calmer, I even mentioned to a friend that I thought the HRT was really kicking in, well, I reckon that jinxed it because since then I've felt horrible again. The flushes haven't come back but I feel so crappy all day. I'm tense and irritable, have headaches, rumbling tummy, nauseous, anxious and generally miserable. I am also getting quite intense anxiety surges that I haven't had for a long time.
I understand that it is still early days for the HRT but I can't understand why I felt so well and now feel so rotten when I haven't changed anything. I am heartily sick of this roller coaster ride and forever wondering if I'm doing the right thing or if my regime is actually making me feel worse. Aaarrrgghhh!

I know getting the balance right is a problem for many of us but any words of wisdom would be gratefully appreciated.

Sending hugs to you all and thank you for reading this, just knowing you are there and understand is a big help.

Take care ladies.

K.

dazned

Re: Oh the Frustration of it All!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 03:45:29 PM »

Feel for you Kathleen, I have just had my hrt changed as the old one of 4 years wasn't working anymore fist 2 months were great now feel worse than ever! Like you anxious,adrenaline surges,nauseous,emotional,insomnia and feel just dreadful,hopefully it will settle down soon for us all xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 04:27:36 PM »

HORMONES  >:(  ::) …….. keeping a food/mood diary might help.  Eating regularly can ease symptoms.  Exercise.

dazned

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »

CLKD I managed to get a walk today and a few other bits ( see what have you done today ) ! Feel a bit better so far so good  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 05:26:21 PM »

I exercise every day - in my head  :D  ::) - and sometimes I even get off the sofa  ;)

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 05:35:50 PM »

I exercise in my sleep.  ;D Well if my hair's anything to go by.

I'm only on oestrogen, but had to change from gel to patches about 3 years ago. Initially I felt pretty horrid, though in my case I think it was due to being on too high a dose. I put up with it for couple of months or so, then reduced dose.  On higher dose, flushes & sweats went, but oh the jitters were awful.

You are trying to get right balance between the oestrogen & progesterone, so it may take a while.

karenja

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 06:03:01 PM »

Kathleen as somebody trying to cope without hrt but getting similar symptoms you have my every sympathy I really want to be male right now xx

Kathleen

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »

Hello ladies.

Thank you all for your replies, it's such a comfort to know I'm not alone.

I think I will persevere until the three month mark and then review. If I continue to feel like this I'll be tempted to tweak the dose somehow. As I said before, this whole hormone business is so frustrating!

Wishing you all well and thanks again.

K.

honeybun

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »

Have you thought of using the Utrogestan vaginally just in case they are upsetting you.

Might be worth a try.

Honeyb
X

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:13:02 AM »

Hello honeybun and thank you for replying.

I have tried Utrogestan vaginally in the past but I noticed a pinkish discharge and I was worried that it was impacting on my fibroid. For the last three months I have been taking it orally again and in the last few weeks I've seen the discharge disappear.

I feel terrible again this morning and could cry with the frustration of it all!

Thanks again for your comments and wishing you well.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 01:46:19 PM »

How's your diet?  Your symptoms seem like mine when my body is hungry.  As a recovering anorexic [since aged 3  :'( ] when I had some or all of what you describe, my husband [since 1975  ;)  :-* ] tells me to eat  ::).  He has worked hard over the years to keep me alive, we worked out that if I nibbled something before I became hungry it helps stop those awful surges that you experience.  It's remembering to eat when I feel OK that is the hard part, I can so easily ignore food …….

If you keep a mood/food diary you may see a pattern. 

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 06:01:56 PM »

Hello CLKD and thank you for your comments.

I think food does play a part as I usually feel better when I've eaten.
I already keep a diary and it has proved very useful.

Take care.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 06:03:34 PM »

Remembering to eat is important, before the body requires 'energy' - easy to forget to do so though!

let us know how you get on