Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Drama in our house  (Read 6303 times)

jedigirl

Drama in our house
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »

We had drama in our house on Sunday as my youngest son became locked in the bathroom :o
He'd been in the shower, got out and tried the door and the lock was completely stuck. We took out the screws on our side of the handle, bless him he took out his side, still wouldn't come off. WE tried barging the door, couldn't do it. 40 minutes later we had to ring fire brigade. He was quite calm and collected till they turned up with sirens and blue lights (because of his age apparently :-\) he got a bit hyperactive then!
Took three (hunky) firemen to crowbar and smash the door down. One safe son , one wrecked door, not lived it down with the neighbours yet!

honeybun

Re: Drama in our house
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »

Sorry.... ;D  ;D.....some people will do anything to get a fireman in the house  ::)

Seriously...how old is your son, he must have got a bit of a fright.

A neighbour of mine had an integral garage with a door from the utility room. Her kids locked her out ....they were only little and then couldn't let her back in as the lock was stiff. Fire brigade again  ;D
Don't think it's unusual.

Long as everyone was ok.....well apart from the door that is.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:49:13 PM »

:o ………. are you able to claim on House Insurance?  Did you C the fire brigade practising with animals on Sunday? 

Reminds me of last year - DH went off to the shower on the Camp Site - he was gone for ages before I noted he was, well - gone.  I gave him time to go to the loo, time to chat with others, time to queue for the shower ……. however, the lock had ceased on the outside of the door  ;D ……..  :-X ……. fortunately the couple from Germany in the next tent had a small set of screw drivers.  It was that or break down the door.  He's had a lot of mileage with that story  ;D

cherylks

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:11:29 PM »

It reminds me of when our son was about 3 years old.  He was such a good child in many ways - one thing he never did was get out of bed once he had been put to bed.  If he had a problem he would just stay in bed and cry until one of us came up to him.  He also seemed to like have the door shut to his bedroom.  Anyway, one day I said to OH that we need to tell him that if he has a problem in the night, to get out of bed, stand on the landing and call out to us rather than staying in bed and crying.  So, we had fun explaining to him and having a practice run of his standing on the landing calling out to us and us running up the stairs congratulating him for getting out of bed etc etc etc.  One day, I heard him crying in his bed.  OH wanted to go up to him but I said No he has to learn to come out of his bed etc.  Anyway, the crying got louder so OH went up and, ignoring anything son said, just reminded him that instead of staying in bed and crying he was to go out onto landing etc....  OH came back downstairs, we sat there, heard our son get out of bed and run to door and then run back to bed and crying even louder.  We then went up stairs to discover the door handle on the inside had broken so he couldn't open the door from inside!!!  We were absolutely gutted!!!!  Felt dreadful!!  Had to then tell him if ever happened again, to get the largest thing he could find and bash the door with it til we came. 

jedigirl

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 08:14:26 PM »

He's 10! Young enough to be an emergency apparently! Insurance won't cover it as its an internal door  >:(
Livened the night up  ::)

jedigirl

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »

Oh cherylks! Poor mite  ;D
Clkd thank goodness for the efficiency of the German couple!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 10:16:04 PM »

Your household contents insurance …………. maybe if you explain to the Company and in the meantime, look round for another!

Note to self - as soon as DH got home after The Incident in the shower, he put a small screw driver kit into the camper  ;D [ during discussion this morning, apparently he now feels awkward about returning to that camp site  :-\ ]

How is your son now?  Is it funny ……...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:02:12 PM by CLKD »

Joyce

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 11:52:40 PM »

Better a broken door. Pretty sure insurance only covers accidental damage. Scary, but it'll be a brilliant story to tell all his friends.

When we first got married couple across from us, their daughter got her foot stuck down drain just outside their front door. No amount of coaxing by her parents could get it unstuck. Fire brigade to the rescue.

jedigirl

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 06:42:36 PM »

Son is fine thanks, laughing about it now, except when his siblings sing " oh dear what can the matter be!"to him!

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 08:52:09 PM »

;D