Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Diazepam  (Read 13655 times)

Mrs Bennet

Re: Diazepam
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2015, 10:46:40 PM »

Thanks Everyones mum it has been helpful being able to vent on here and knowing i'm not the only one really does give comfort, I take propranalol too,  my GP said it's fine to take when I feel the need,  think I best take one tonight,  feeling very uptight it's all such a pain in the bum  ;D xxx

honeybun

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2015, 11:00:39 PM »

Mrs B...you are only a victim if you want to be. You can also be a survivor.

I also have a very difficult mother. 92 and can be a nightmare.

I am getting better at separating myself from her problems although I see her very often. I am one of her carers. As i leave her house I stand for a minute and leave the problems on her doorstep and don't take them back to my family. It's getting easier.

It's down to you and I do know how difficult it can be.

Be a survivor.

Honeybun
X

pj44

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2015, 08:06:38 AM »

I feel that it was an anxiety attack. When you are frightened Of doing something then you achieve what you were frightened of its like your body goes into shock so you have panic and you blame the med that you took.This is what. Happened to me so I never took the diazpam again. For 15 years which I so regret as I too cannot take ad's.  please just take the diazpam as When needed. Don't waste your life away in fear. Take it from someone who has been there and has so many wasted years. I just had to reply as I'd hate anyone to suffer like I did..

dazned

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 08:57:59 AM »

I would say too,IMHO,when you feel really anxious take a diazepam it will help, it's OK to take them now and again ! Some days I take 1 in am and then 1 early evening sometimes for a couple of days then might not need then for days or weeks just don't reprieve yourself of relief . I don't think the way you felt next day was down to the 1 diazepam you took as CLKD said it only stays in your system a short time ,maybe you just had a taste of feeling good with it which in turn made you notice the bad feeling more . Just an idea .x

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 09:37:28 AM »

Thank you so much for the advice girls  :-* I think you are all correct in saying I had a bad panic attack whilst away  :( .  Last night I read through a booklet  ( Panic Moodjuice self help guide) it is me to a T'
All I need to do now is put everything I read ie. Dr Caire Weekes & the above & I will be set  ;D I WILL!!!! be a survivor....I hope  :) xxxx

starfish

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2015, 12:36:40 PM »

I take Aplrazolam ('xanax') for occasional severe anxiety. Like diazepam but quicker and shorter acting. It really helps and as I know that now, just having them in my bag seems to help almost as much - I take rarely, and never daily. Was recommended by my cardiologist as I was having anxiety induced palpitations and ectopics. GPs warn it can be addictive but used sensibly it is great. Also I think it enables my body (and mind) to remember what feeling relaxed is like, if that doesn't sound too odd…helps me to believe that the anxiety is always only temporary and that I will feel good again.

Good luck x
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 12:38:47 PM by starfish »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2015, 03:51:10 PM »

ADs and other medications are different.  Diazepam as necessary can give you some relief.  What was the suggested dosage for the Sertraline?

I have a Narcasstic mother and sister  :-X ……. if you read 'daughters of narcisstic mothers' you'll see that it isn't 'you', it's her condition.  Apparently not diagnosed until 1988! you are not alone and I think that sometimes a non-contact regime gives the sufferer breathing space.  I'm only hanging in there because we have distance and Mum is very active.  Also, I want to see the 'end of the story' …… but sometimes  :bang:.  It's the way others fuss round her which of course she likes ……… but I can walk into her house and she'll stand in the kitchen, rigid, arms down her sides - no emotional contact at all  :-\

dazned

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2015, 04:10:44 PM »

CLKD     :hug:

I know it's not the same but still  ;)

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »

We're not having to visit her in the 'rest' home  ;) but if push comes to shove, I expect I will require copious amounts of Valium-type calmer-downerers ……..

honeybun

« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2015, 05:36:55 PM »

GP happily agreed to a new prescription today.

Use sensibly was her words.

Honeybun
X

CLKD

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2015, 05:47:36 PM »

Which you will do  ;) - knowing that you have them helps?

Mrs Bennet

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 05:52:37 PM »

Just 25mg of the Sertraline for me.....very low but like I said ADs & me don't mix that well  :) I have decided to hold fire and just go on with the Propranalol 10mg,  I took one this morning and have felt a little calmer today even though I have been out most of the day. Sorry to hear that you have a mother with similar probs CLKD ( how do you cope? )I have read that book and related very well to it even though I am an only child......although my mother has had psychiatric problems, bi-polar etc,  all of my life,   the narcissistic diagnosis has only been made since my dad has died....so wish he could of known as so much has slotted into place.....it is the guilt of not seeing her these past months which is now really getting to me. I am in regular contact with the care/nursing staff so I do know what is going on but just feel if I went to see her at this point it would be for the wrong reasons. Prior to her being admitted things were very bad indeed, I tend to worry what other people think of me even though they know little of my life.  I have a very supportive family who help tremendously with keeping me on the right road  :) so I am at least very lucky on that front xxxx

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:29 PM »

There's a programme about manic depression this evening, late. 

I cope by having a supportive DH and by anticipating when not to open my Big Gob but it's hard not to respond. She will invent problems which I immediately answer ……. which 'allows' her to get angrier and angrier ……… if you read the thread 'My Mum' ………

We try to take her out and about away from her house which eases her mood a bit.  She has too much time to dwell ……. and if she retells a 'story', she goes back to the beginning even if it's 20 years ago and we HAVE to listen or else.  I wasn't aware as a child but after Dad died in 2006 and she took up with another man, who she began treating the same way as she had treated Dad  :'( ….. a lot fell into place.

Once you know that the Diazepam will work without making you feel woozy you are half-way to feeling more relaxed  ;)

dazned

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 08:52:24 PM »

I like my diazepam  ;)

It does the job but I don't abuse them ,just hope the propranol does the same job !  :)

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2015, 08:53:10 PM »

Propranolol is prescribed for a different condition  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4