Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Period pains on Femeston  (Read 1699 times)

Essexragdoll

Period pains on Femeston
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »

Hi all just need advice, I am 6 days on the prog stage of Femoston and have quite bad period pains and back ache but no bleed. This is my first month on HRT . Is this normal and when should I expect a period ?

Dancinggirl

Re: Period pains on Femeston
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:10:29 AM »

You shouldn't get the withdrawal bleed until you finish the prog stage but the pains may be your body gearing up. You won't necessarily get a bleed on sequi HRT every month and sometimes it will be very light or just spotting.  I think sometimes the lining hasn't built up enough. I often start the bleed about 9-10 days into the prog stage whilst others get it about 3-5 days after.
You need to give this HRt at least 3 month to settle.  Uf you tend to suffer anyway with period pains then this is  one of the downsides of the sequi HRT. at least you know when it's going to happen and can take something to ease the pain each month.  DG x

dahliagirl

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:11:37 AM »

The time to 'expect' a period is 3 days after you have finished the progestogen phase, when it leaves your blood.

However, I had this for the first pack or two, then it has been creeping forward with each pack.  This time (pack 6) it started 4 days before the end of the progestogen pills and seems to be finishing on day 4 of the oestrogen only pills, with very little bleeding.  It looks like 'wait and see'  ::)

Essexragdoll

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 01:22:22 PM »

Thanks ladies it just seems a bit early for period pains, I may have a bit of s water infection as have been needing to go more today

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 04:31:58 PM »

A UTI can give similar pains - drink plenty of water with a bit of bicarb and if you get some burning then it may need some treatment.  If you think it is a UTI, nip to the GP to have your urine tested.  DG x