Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coccyx trouble  (Read 9814 times)

CJ-sleepless

Re: Coccyx trouble
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 12:42:09 PM »

I had a look at the site thanks - I found it a bit depressing - I'm trying to remain optimistic that this will be a temporary problem - some of the folk there have had it for years!! I really hope I don't end up like that!!!  I've had one session of physio so far - ultrasound and acupuncture - I'm lucky enough to be going privately as hubby has private health insurance - something I'm eternally grateful for!

Rowan

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:21 PM »

Sorrry about that CJ-sleepness, I am one of those who wants to know the ins and outs so I can deal more easily with a problem.

It did help me to know what I was up against and other peoples experience.

I did have all the NHS investigations and physio on NHS and private treatment plus home exercises.

Nothing seem to work and I had it for a few years and then suddenly it went and has not come back, to be replaced by Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction caused by climbing steep sand dunes  near Southport.

I went through all the investigations and treatments again including MRI, this lasted a few years, it finally resolved itself earlier last year with the help of cold laser light therapy, now I am pain free.

I am sure the body eventually heals itself but it can take time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 01:59:49 PM by silverlady »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 01:42:30 PM »

It's because we continue to be mobile that the body takes time to heal, i.e. a frozen shoulder takes about 2 years without treatment but it is moving all the while  ::)

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2015, 09:51:54 AM »

I'm intrigued by the cold light therapy you mention silverlady.  I asked my physio about it and she'd never heard of it - is it something you can buy?  I'm willing to try anything right now!

Rowan

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2015, 10:54:58 AM »

Here is some info

http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/pain-management/cold-laser-therapy-pain-management-treatment if was first recommended to me by a former MM member.

I have a portable one here is some info on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r17NDC2zqy8

I got mine from amazon, they are very expensive, there are different types. 

If you do decide to buy one make sure you buy from a reputable supplier.

google    Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:26:41 AM by silverlady »

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2015, 12:29:23 PM »

Thanks Silverlady - I'll have a read :)

Rhubarb

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2015, 01:59:21 AM »

I've fallen and hurt my coccyx more times than I can count! But there was one time a couple years ago when it hurt for no reason. It lasted a couple months I think, I had a doctor check it out and even had an x-ray, nothing seemed to be wrong and eventually the pain went away. It was very weird.

Tabbycat

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2015, 05:52:47 PM »

A few years ago mine started hurting for no reason. I didn't fall, didn't bruise it, nothing - just pain. It especially hurt doing some yoga poses, and of course sitting anywhere without a padded seat or a cushion was impossible.

I never found the cause, nor a cure. A year(!) later it stopped as suddenly as it had began.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »

It gets a lot of wear and tear does the coccyx  ::) - also if one is tense, constipated or …….. mine goes into spasm very occasionally and is PAINFUL ……..

Rhubarb

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 03:38:06 AM »

Sorry yours lasted a whole year, Tabbycat! I did a quick search and found that coccyx pain is called "coccydynia" and often the cause is unknown. So apparently it's not that unusual.

CJ-sleepless, I hope your pain goes away soon!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:46:15 AM by Rhubarb »

CJ-sleepless

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2015, 12:10:58 PM »

The only suggestion my GP came up with for my current problem is my weight loss - I lost a lot of weight and now have a bony bum - she thought this might be the cause - had to laugh - after years of being overweight I'm now a healthy BMI but its not all good news clearly  ;D

It did flare up once before, as this time, for no apparent reason but went after about a month.  This time its lasting considerably longer

Millykin

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 12:46:57 PM »

CJ had to laugh there. I'm skinny always have been and often get "bone pain" GP said it was cause I was so skinny! My hubby was overweight never had problems but now lost weight very fit but complains of everything ! I did tell him it's no joy being thin we need meat on our bones to protect espiecially our bums  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]