Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Spotting on Femoston 1/10  (Read 3663 times)

DebsMK

Spotting on Femoston 1/10
« on: February 10, 2015, 02:52:09 PM »

Hi  Three months ago I changed from Prempak C to Femoston 1/10 and everything has been fine.  This month (3rd one) I have been having spotting every day since my bleed along with some stomach discomfort and a couple of headaches.  I have never had this before on either type of HRT, am I still settling into the Femoston do you think? 

On the upside, I must say that the horrible palpitations I was getting vanished when I changed to Femoston.

robotwars

Re: Spotting on Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »

Hi DebsMK, sorry but I can't answer your question but I just wanted to ask whether you had side effects with the Prempak, I was on Prempak and had terrible side effects, doc has now prescribed cycloprognova, just a little nervous of taking them, I was wondering about going back and asking for femoston, will be interested in others comments to your question
good luck I hope you get the answers you need, I'm sure you will  as there are a lot of knowledgable people on this forum!

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 05:15:35 PM »

Hi DebsMK

Not sure about being knowledgeable unfortunately - but are you still having some sort of cycle of your own? I presume you are since you are on cyclical HRT - and it could be this leading to the symptoms - perhaps like a double period. I would have thought you might have settled into it by now. However if you are worried and it continues beyond next cycle then I would have a word with the GP just to check all is OK?

Glad your palpitations have gone!

Hurdity x

DebsMK

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:56 PM »

Hello Robotwars!  The only side effect I had on Prempak was the palpitations, but I kept reading that it wasn't the best one to be on and to be honest I didn't like the thought of it ethically.  I did go to the GP and ask for Femoston but he had little knowledge of it and had to talk to the pharmacist.  Anyway about a week later the prescription magically appeared at the reception desk.  Have had no problems at all the last 3 months except this spotting and as I said the palpitations also vanished although I guess that could've been more to do with me than the pills.  I would give it a try :). x

Thank you Hurdity for your reply :).  I was having regular periods before taking the HRT, just lots of horrible physical symptoms so I guess you could be right.  I will wait for another month and see what happens. x