Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: peak flow not above 270  (Read 2930 times)

legojayne

peak flow not above 270
« on: January 30, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

When my children were young they both had asthma. They used to laugh at me because they could get better peak flow reading than me even though I am not an asthmatic. I used to talk to the nurses and doctors about it when taking my children but they used to ignore me. Now all of a sudden they have decided I have COPD because its low. Has anyone else had this experience?

Joyce

Re: peak flow not above 270
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 04:58:49 PM »

Last time mine was so low was with pneumonia. Mine on a good day is 450 but usually 400-420. I suffer with asthma. Last time doctor checked it was excellent apparently.

I presume you've had xrays etc before being told it is COPD.

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:05:35 PM »

My husband has COPD and his reading is always around 400. What tests have you had to prove COPD and what symptoms do you have?

Taz x

legojayne

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 12:18:12 PM »

The only test I have had done is with a spirometry. They did two tests on it but I have to admit I refused to take 4 puffs of ventolin to have them repeated as I have seen what an overdose of ventolin can do. I have no symptoms at all. A doctor ordered it because I smoke. I have had no other tests done. I have a chest infection at the moment and I still don't need to use ventolin.

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:56:35 PM »

It covers a range of chest conditions really Stellajane but there is info here http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Chronic-obstructive-pulmonary-disease/pages/introduction.aspx

Taz x