Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: It's back! - feeling really tearful again  (Read 24898 times)

paisley

Re: It's back! - feeling really tearful again
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »

Hi,
   I feel even more confused as we have 20 year old son, 22 year old daughter and 4 year old son (shock one) My daughter went to uni but came home every night and my son didn't want to go. I have never known what it is like to have a empty house and now with a 4 year old I will be ancient before he goes. I on the other hand would love a bit of peace and quiet with time on my own, and perhaps a tidy house.

2cats

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 09:11:19 AM »

Gosh that's a houseful Paisley!  I guess you should consider it a compliment that your children still like to live at home with you at their age... :) I know that I couldn't wait to get out of my house and left at 17/18! But then I did have warring parents who made it bloody unbearable...

Maybe once your son is full time at school things will improve?  It must be difficult going through the menopause with a little one to contend with.
 :)

rebecca

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 09:45:40 AM »

Thanks Taz - I hear you and understand that is the way forward.
Have been doing more with 'new people' over the last 2 years - 'life moves on' and I'm glad they are so independant and free spirited...  Last year I went on holiday with a friend I had not seen for over 20 years! the magic was still there though and we had a great time, it was as if we had not stopped being such close friends.. I still look for tricks and tips to get through gloomy days  ;)

Rebecca   

2cats

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2012, 10:18:33 AM »

Well I had the scan yesterday Bette and all was absolutely fine.  The nurses were lovely and really put me at ease.  They showed me my womb and ovaries - the womb looks healthy but post meno and my ovaries look healthy but inactive!  But she warned me not to use that as a signal for no contraception needed.... :o

So another thing checked off which is good.  Just need to balance my mood again and things will be on the up maybe..... :)

Taz2

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2012, 10:29:33 AM »

Rebecca - it sounds as if you have got it all sorted. You are bound to have those gloomy days - I know that I have them - but it's being able to shake those feelings off that's important. Your holiday sounds good - I love those friendships that you can just pick up after no matter how long and it's just like you only saw each other yesterday.

Taz x

Bette

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2012, 11:10:47 AM »

Great news, catsnat!  :congrats:
Seeing you had a period recently, I'd say that you definitely need to keep using contraception!  :o ;D
Are you going to consider trying HRT now?
Bette x

2cats

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2012, 11:35:25 AM »

Bette, I'm seeing the herbalist on Thursday to talk about what changes can be made to what I'm taking to help with the tearfulness and sadness I'm experiencing again, so I'll see how I'm feeling then.   I don't want to throw away what I've been doing with the herbs for the last 6 months but I have a prescription for Femseven Sequi in my bag!! 
I'm very confused at the moment because I'm feeling very up and down - is it hormones or is it stress due to money worries? Who knows? I think the menopause plays its part in that I just don't cope with life the way I used to do....
It's such a drag. :(

Bette

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2012, 11:38:42 AM »

I think the menopause plays its part in that I just don't cope with life the way I used to do.... I definitely found that. I couldn't cope with my elderly mum at all during my peri meltdown but now my HRT is working, I'm able to help her again which is great, particularly as she's getting more fragile and in need of it.
Hopefully the herbalist will be able to help you but if it doesn't work out, try the HRT!  ;)
Bette x

Joanne thick

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2015, 12:21:40 PM »

Hi my name us jo and iam two months into hrt  was doing fine and since sunday my mood has become depressive and iam really anxious will it improve

Hurdity

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2015, 03:20:57 PM »

Hi Joanne thick

:welcomemm:

This is a very old thread you've posted on. Why don't you introduce yourself in the new members section in case your post gets missed?  :)

Hurdity x

Joanne thick

Hi iam a new member my name is joanne and i have had trouble posting things
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »

Hi iam hoping someone will see this and guide me in the right direction i had trouble posting things my menopause is horrible at the moment iam not coping the anxiety and panic is the worst  does it ever improve  iam into my second month on hrt and my thoughts are horrid

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2015, 12:26:51 PM »

Welcome.  Have a look at the black words menopause matters forum + menopause discussion - all things menopause: press the first line and it will take you to all the 'rooms' ……. there is a room for 'new members' as well as 'personal' which is probably where you might put your intro.  ;)

honorsmum

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2015, 12:28:16 PM »

...or at the top, in blue, is a button marked "New topic" - press it and write your post and it will appear on this board.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]