Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Utrogestan and breast tenderness  (Read 7355 times)

Dancinggirl

Utrogestan and breast tenderness
« on: January 31, 2015, 09:07:49 AM »

Hi all ladies on Utrogestan.
I've recently started using Utrogestan but sequentially. My first 14 day phase of Utrogestan went extremely well  - I was delighted about how good I felt - got a very light bleed for 4-5 days from day 9 of the Utrogestan with only mild stomach cramps.  The only thing I didn't like was the tender breasts.
I'd like to hear from any lady who is using Utrogestan continuously and can tell me whether the breast tenderness subsides? I am seriously considering using it continuously.
DG x

Hurdity

Re: Utrogestan and breast tenderness
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 10:29:23 AM »

Hi Dancinggirl

Sorry I can't help with this one - using it vaginally (200mg for 12 days) I haven't noticed any breast tenderness especially but then I have always had these from time to time - not like when I was fertile though. I am on Day 6  or so now of my Utrogestan and haven't noticed anything.

Hopefully another utrogestan user will be along soon!

Hurdity x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »

Thanks Hurdity.  Using it orally may be the issue but I'm reluctant to use vanigally because I have bladder issues already and don't went this to aggravate things. My burning urethra and nighttime trips to pee have improved being back on HRT.  I now only get up once or sometimes twice a night and whilst on the Utrogestan I got 6 hours continuous sleep before needing the loo which hasn't happened in years!!!!!! Finally feel I have the bladder issues and VA under control so ou can understand I don't wan to upset this.
I'd just love to know whether the breast tenderness would subside  - I may just have to try it and see.
DG x

Briony

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 11:41:05 AM »

I got breast tenderness for the first two months (using it just for 15 days a month) and then it stopped. Then randomly, I suddenly have it now. Strange!  I too am considering switching to using it for 26 days a month as I hate the 'drop' when I stop taking it. My GP says 200mg is quite a large dose, hence the reason our bodies object when it stops.  If I take it for longer, I think I will need to switch to taking it orally. I know you have to take it on an empty stomach ... but can you eat again afterwards? If so, how long after? x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 11:51:02 AM »

Hi Briony - If you take it continuously you can drop to 100mg each day which is better.  My research about how to take drugs that need to be taken on an empty stomach is 2 hours after food and one hour before food - which makes sense to me.  If anyone else has thoughts on this I would like to know????
So my theory is; if you eat supper around 7pm and then take the Utrogestan between 9-9.30pm you could then have a snack before bed at around 10.30-11pm -  OR -  just have a snack at teatime and a later supper around 8pm so you can take the Utrogestan after 10pm and not get hungry. 
DG x

Briony

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 12:08:28 PM »

Thanks DG, that's really helpful and makes sense. If I am going to take a lower dose for longer, I think I will need to switch to taking it orally. Don't fancy the mess otherwise  ::)  xx