Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Let's talk about Health Anxiety  (Read 16811 times)

BrightLight

Re: Let's talk about Health Anxiety
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 10:56:00 PM »

Thanks Honeybun
Another problem with my surgery, it isn't clear whether results are available before or after a Dr has seen them, my partner has experienced various scenarios, being telephoned, calling himself and waiting for an appointment.

With all these comments, I feel more confident there is nothing a miss.  Thank you

Milly!  I expect a call on a Sunday was a surprise - my GP rang me the day after my blood test last time, with news of high high FSH and I guess it's made me think another call is coming. I hope you are OK?

sammy

« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2015, 04:03:28 AM »

Brightlight, I would say that ordering a CBC is a truly routine request. Having had a lot of tests myself, I can say that if they thought something really dreadful was happening you would see a lot of unique and exotic looking tests in addition to the CBC.

In fact that he only ordered a CBC kind of means to me that he expects the results to roughly speaking be normal.  Because if he thought there was something specific or seriously wrong with you he would've ordered additional tests.

All medical things are basically huge stress inducing events. The best we can do is wait to get them over with trying not  to think about them in the meanwhile.

BrightLight

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2015, 02:36:39 PM »

I just called the surgery and the note from the Dr on my results said "No further Action required - normal ranges" - my FSH and LH were also in normal range, but I will start another thread for that.

My anxiety has hit the roof over all this and I am relieved my results indicate all is well in general terms, my mind can't quite let go of the idea things are not OK, but I'm sure that will sink in soon enough.

Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me.

karenja

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2015, 06:46:04 PM »

Hi I too have health anxiety as well as anxiety about most things, I get a very tight chest a lot, had all tests on my heart and its fine, does anybody else get this??x

dazned

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »

Yes many of us here get it you are not alone or imaging it  ;) It can be a classic symptom of peri/ menopause issues or it could be general stress. Try keeping a diary to see if it happens to you at certain times of your cycle ,does a pattern emerge ? If so you could tell dr it appears to be hormonal,if not may explore other avenues related to stress . Hope you find some relief soon as I know it can be horrendously debilitating.

karenja

« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2015, 07:15:10 PM »

thanks dazned Ive included his in another post Ive sent tonight, I don't get periods anymore, it is really horrible x
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]