Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New to all this and terrible brain fog!  (Read 9993 times)

Puffin Mama

Re: New to all this and terrible brain fog!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 01:03:39 PM »

Hi all
I get this horrible brain fog as well and it definitely gets worse at certain points of my cycle.  I have days where I am convinced that when I open my mouth, the only thing that will come out is gibberish (although some may say that's not that different to normal  ;) ).   I pick up the phone at work feeling like I don't know what will come out of my mouth and feel generally like my mind is just not functioning properly.   Then it passes and is impossible to imagine.   I do sympathise with everyone else going through this - thank goodness there are others on here who can reassure us we are still normal!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 03:28:27 PM »

We have a thread about that here somewhere  ::)

Moomcat

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2015, 05:57:19 PM »

Hi Dogdoc,

I've been getting headaches as well and the nonsense that comes out of my mouth sometimes...I make myself cringe!! I've a few posts in the "doing silly things" thread!!

I had to give a presentation a few weeks ago with some classmates and made a real mess of it...I just stood there stuttering and sweating and felt like just crumpling onto the floor and crying. I can look back on it now and laugh but at the time it was awful...

The progesterone part of HRT just seems to knock me for six and although I know I need to give myself time to adjust to the HRT the timing couldn't be worse (not that's it's ever good).  Delaying things is the only answer I can come up with, I don't have time to faff about with meds just now so I'll just dope myself up with oestrogen for a few more days...there's no way I'm failing another essay.

When I'm work free I'll start on my progesterone (after locking myself in a bunker with a supply of chocolate and tea) and I can be as mood swingy and miserable as I like!!

I'm glad I've got the luxury of not having to deal with people at times...

MC.xx
Pages: 1 [2]