Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Femseven sequi patches and 100mg sertraline  (Read 3850 times)

Vjh

• First Flush
Femseven sequi patches and 100mg sertraline
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:21:50 PM »

Hi everyone new here, I am in perimenopause at 44 and been suffering with terrible anxiety and panic attacks, been on sertraline 50mg for 1 month and then dr upped my dose two weeks ago to 100mg which seems to be helping with the anxiety. Saw my GP today and have now got a prescription for Femseven sequi patches to see if that will help with muscle  and joint pain as that is not improving. Have tried tablet form of hrt but get really bad upset tummy on it.Has anyone been and on theses patches and have they helped you? Any advise would be great thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femseven sequi patches and 100mg sertraline
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »

:welcomemm:  you are in the 'right' place.  Have a browse round, if you use the 'search' button for the product you will see any threads relative to how ladies have coped.

Ask away >wave<

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 05:57:05 PM »

Hi Vjh - welcome from me too.

I've been on Femseven Sequi and didn't have any problems with it. You may find that you get some PMT type symptoms when you start the second lot of patches containing the progesterone but this should settle after a couple of months so don't give up if this does happen. The main problem seems to be with getting them to stick properly which can be frustrating.

I found that it helped with the hot flushes and sweats really quickly - within forty eight hours for me - but energy levels took longer to rise. You may find that as your andi depressant kicks in then your energy will improve anyway. It sounds as if you are on a good regime and I hope that you feel better soon.  You will lots of help and advice on here.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »

Hi Vjh

:welcomemm:

Hurdity  :)

Ana

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 12:55:12 PM »

From my experience, Sertraline is not the best SSRI for anxiety and panic. After coming off it and going back on Escitalopram, recently, I have noticed the difference. Sertraline raises dopamine levels (as well as serotonin levels). This can cause nervousness, racing heart and mania. I feel much calmer, happier and more peaceful on Escitalopram. Although it has been linked to heart palpitations, I find that because it works so well on serotonin levels, you can actually get away with taking a lower dose than the equivalent of Sertraline.

dazned

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 01:38:27 PM »

I think like hrt AD s work differently for different people,I couldn't get on with citlopram,serteline,or Prozac ! but can cope with mirtazapine ! It's a right old game this ain't it !