Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What worries you most ?  (Read 8652 times)

Ju Ju

Re: What worries you most ?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »

I have a pact with my parents to keep each other informed of health issues, ever since my sister died. We knew she was terminally ill, when we went away on a short break before my going to look after her in her home. She was admitted into hospital to die, but my parents tried to protect me or maybe themselves, and said they hadn't wanted to spoil our holiday. I got the call on our journey home, after she had died. I found that difficult to deal with and was angry. It is a natural thing to try and protect each other especially when you know they will worry. But it is also a matter of trust. It was easy this time with my gall stone adventures, as Dad had his gall bladder removed at 85 and hasn't looked back, so they were well informed and not overly concerned. Hubby kept both children informed about everything that happened.

babyjane

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 03:31:39 PM »

being out of control worries me the most. I am trying so very hard to get a grip on this but it is hard changing something that has been with me all my life. It has got worse since the menopause as now my children are grown up and parents themselves I cannot be in control of situations any more.

As a result of this I do worry about losing control of my physical or mental faculties as I age, and having to be dependent on others for my well being. that just doesn't sit well with me at all.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 03:52:12 PM »

One of my Mother's constants is 'I don't want to be a Nuisance Dear' ...... well, happen, you are a nuisance if you don't tell me ............  :bang: and today my BIGGEST worry is this 'bug' - don't think it's Novo whatever because the Press haven't mentioned it  ::)

Rowan

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 06:07:08 PM »

I'm not sure that it's more virulent than other years to be honest Silverlady. Certainly in our school advisories it is less of a problem than the last two years. There was a time in November when it was increasing but December showed a drop in figures. ases are expected to rise again when schools start back next week. The ordinary D&V bug was doing the rounds though although this is not as debilitating as noro-virus. Here's hoping we all steer clear of all of them!!

Thanks for the links - reminds us of the importance of staying away from everyone for at least forty eight hours after symptoms have gone!

Taz x

Micky

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »

I worry about my health and having something that I feel I cant cope with - I worry about the fact I am on my own as divorced and no kids & who would know or be around ...Going in for a Hysterectomy tomorrow so having flutters now....I am trying to live In the now & have been reading " The power of Now" not always easy to put into practice but am trying..

Taz2

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 06:47:38 PM »

Hope all goes well tomorrow Micky. Who's going to be looking after you when you come home?

Taz x

honeybun

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 07:03:05 PM »

Good luck for tomorrow Mickey. Wishing you well.
Yes I'm worried about the bug that's doing the rounds, but I remember feeling the same last year. You do what you can to avoid it and after that it's in the lap of the gods.

Guess you just have to deal with things if and when. I dread it to be honest but apart from a HASMAS suit what can you do.

Honeyb
X

Limpy

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 07:05:16 PM »

Good luck tomorrow Mickey.

Jenna

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »

Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow, Micky - I will be thinking of you.

Please let us know how you are getting on when you feel up to it.

Jenna x

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2014, 07:42:13 PM »

Hopefully Micky will have a support after care package before she leaves hospital.

Still worrying ………. looked at our evening meal and wondered  :-\ but it was tasty  :-*

honeybun

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2014, 07:44:38 PM »

Stay out of really busy places CLKD and be vigilant with hand hygiene and hopefully you will both be fine.

They just used to call it gastroenteritis and it sounded less scary because we have all had that.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »

I think GE is different to Noro virus thingy though ……… I am only expecting to go into a busy area on the 1st ………. maybe buy a burka before I go  ;)

honeybun

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2014, 07:50:40 PM »

I am just trying to avoid altogether to be honest. Lots of fresh air and no crowds although perhaps if you have a good immune system.... ::)

Oh who knows, if you get it you get it and we will cope because the thought is usually worse than the reality is.

Honeyb
X

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »

:-\  is it?  At least the beta-blocka helps stop the dreaded fear 24/7 and I no longer dream about it …….
Pages: 1 [2] 3