Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: breathlessness  (Read 5124 times)

janine scott

breathlessness
« on: December 28, 2014, 08:38:49 PM »

Hi anyone suffering breathlessness chest pain or am I alone in this feels like I can't breath sometimes have mentioned it to doctor in past but no I answers had a chest xray back in august and oxygen levels I am told are fine xx

honeybun

Re: breathlessness
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 09:21:17 PM »

Anxiety often does that to me. I feel as if I can't take a proper deep breath. I have noticed the more uptight I get the worse it becomes.

Maybe worth going back to your GP and insisting on some tests for your peace of mind.

Honeyb
X

janine scott

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »

Thanks honey b I think I will although I have never been away recently I do suffer anxiety though and when I panic or feel uptight its worse xx

Joyce

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 10:37:32 PM »

I get this too, but I also suffer with asthma, which sometimes doesn't help. Best checked though in case there is an underlying cause.

Millykin

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 10:40:18 PM »

I get a feeling of breathlessness now and again, have never mentioned to GP as I tend to think if you have anxiety issues they put it down to that. My cousin suffers it bad and they say it's all anxiety related. I also have a feeling of something irritating my airways, GP said irritation coming off stomach if I'm ANXIOUS! Yes blame it on that. There is a few posts on here regarding breathlessness and anxiety, push your GP if u are unhappy about it
X
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:13:15 PM by Millykin »

Mrs January

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 10:50:11 PM »

Hi there

Yeah I get it too. Often I put it down to anxiety but today sat on the sofa chilling and felt my heart skip a beat....I am a nurse....horrid feeling...

Hugs Mrs January xx

janine scott

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 10:55:39 PM »

Thanks ladies for the advice its an awful feeling thank you Mrs January yes I often chill and get the palpitations breathlessness and I don't think am anxious at that moment so hard to understand thank god to you all I feel so much better due to this site and all your support at a hard time in life xx

Mrs January

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 08:49:54 AM »

Hi there

Anytime we can help we will. This site has helped me so very much through  year of tough times and for that I am grateful to all the members on here

Mrs J xx

spider

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 08:59:22 AM »

Hi Janine

This has been another awful symptom for me for the last year or so...like you the more I focus on it the worse it gets. GP said its down to anxiety and excess adrenaline...this may sound strange but a friend told me to get up and run it off...I thought she was mad but tried this one time and although I was breathless after 5 mins running on the spot I realised this was " true" breathlessness and very different to the anxiety related breathlessness.
This also burned off the excess adrenaline making me feel calmer...😄😄😄

I daresay this also distracted me from focusing too much on my breathing so maybe another method would help...

Think hormones make us all a bit crazy too  ::) ::) hope you feel better soon.x

janine scott

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 09:53:04 AM »

Thanks spider its good to know am not alone I'll try that method good luck to you too xx