Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Evoril conti patches and palpitations  (Read 6902 times)

Bluebell

Evoril conti patches and palpitations
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:35:39 PM »

Hi, wondering if any ladies are on Evoril Conti patches? I'm post menopausal and after trying to go natural for fours years I had to relent to HRT. The flushes have calmed down but still getting palpitations. I started on half a patch and after six weeks was told to start a full patch twice a week.
I've been on a full patch for four weeks now. The doctor said the palpitations should calm down too but as yet I'm still getting them. Anyone else have similar symptoms.

vickypk

Re: Evoril conti patches and palpitations
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 08:45:52 PM »

Hi Carol
I have been using Evorel conti patches for 2 years.  It did take me a good few months to feel okay with them.  I had a lot of side effects in the beginning, I think I even started with a third of a patch.  All my meno symptoms settled down eventually, it does take a while. 
Hope you feel better soon
Vicky

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 10:15:28 PM »

Hi Carol Litster

:welcomemm:

As vickypk says - you need to give it a bit longer for symptoms to settle and your body to adjust. The usual recommendation is to give it 3 months before deciding whether you need to change type or dose. Don't think of it as relenting - you are giving your body back hormones it has been lacking and hopefully giving yourself better quality of life as well as bone protection, especially if you went through menopause younger than the average age of menopause of 51/52. You didn't say how old you are?

Hurdity x

Bluebell

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 10:26:01 PM »

Hi Huridy,  I'm 63yrs and went through the menopause at 59yrs. I was very late. I can put up with most things but the palpitations get me down. I'll keep using the patches and hope it all settles.
Thanks for replying. I'm new to this forum - good to be reassured. Cheers, Carol 😉

Bluebell

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 10:34:48 PM »

Hi Vicky, thanks for replying and reassuring me. I maybe should have built up to it a bit slower.
I'll continue using them and see if things settle down. I'm new to this forum - it's really good to hear you feel better. Thanks again, Carol.

akarena

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »

Hello there, I was just wondering about the palpitations is it like an internal trembling pulsing feeling? as that is what I am experiencing at present and it is almost unbearable like my nervous system is being attacked or I have been injected with something.  I had this when I first started on Evorel sequi 7 months ago and again now having started an increased dose to Evorel 75 last week. Some days it lasts nearly all day and wakes me in the night and I am desperate to know what I can do to ease it... have been suffering with bad anxiety too. Any advice or pointers for some relief would be really appreciated  :'(

vickypk

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »

Hi akerena
I suffered bad anxiety before HRT and also had that internal trembling/shaking.  I was very worried at the time as I thought I had a neurological illness, but it eventually went and it must have been to do with anxiety.  I had palpitations at the time as well and that is better now, all these symptoms didn't go away overnight they went on for quite a long time.
Hope this helps and you feel better soon.
Vicky xx

akarena

• First Flush
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 06:49:07 PM »

Hi Vicky
It does help to hear that, so many thanks for your reply.
Akarena

Mbrown001

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »

I'm on Evorel Conti patches and had palpitations before I started them and after too.

I had a 24hr monitor as they were so bad. Hundreds during the day.
I was told that they were harmless and they have mostly stopped. Someone on the forum described them as horrible but harmless. In saying that you should get them checked out. Don't put everything down to the meno.

I don't think they have anything to do with the HRT patches, but anxiety and age.

Well that was the case for me....

Get them checked and when you are told all is fine then they generally fade away....takes time though.
One thing I did find very helpful was a magnesium spray. Mine started to abate shortly after using that.

Mrs Brown

Hurdity

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »

Hi akarena

:welcomemm:

Those feelings don't sound like palpitations as such - these are definite flutterings in the heart and noticeable as a faster heart beat, rather than an internal trembling. As Hasty says sometimes the norethisterone can cause strange feelings and also when changing between the two types of patch. Does it happen all the time or only at certain points in your HRT cycle?

You mention Evorel 75 - does this mean you have added a 25 mcg patch to your Evorel sequi? Provided you have been checked out that nothing is amiss - perhaps it would be worth trying a different type of HRT to see if it is the progestogen causing these strange sensations?

You haven't said how old you are or where in menopause - perhaps introduce yourself on a new thread?

Hurdity x