Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: indegestion  (Read 2858 times)

janine scott

indegestion
« on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:32 PM »

Hi anyone have any ideas how to conquer this awful acide reflux indigestion I can hardly eat at the min with it leads to panic when I get the awful feelings I've tried peptac no good for me any suggestions would be grateful evalin patches seem to be making it worse xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: indegestion
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 05:33:45 PM »

Your GP should be able to tell you if you have a hiatus hernia, which is 'common' in ladies of a certain age.  Eating little and often might help.  Avoiding greasy/spicy foods for a while ……. using Colpermin capsules within the hour of eating your main meals …….. LIVE yoghurt can ease symptoms.

Good old Milk of Magnesia liquid helps.  Propping up your pillows at night or raising the bottom of the bed.

janine scott

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »

Thank you clkd I've been struggling all day and night one of my bad days am propped up in bed now.  I will speak to my doc to see if they can give me something thanks for this xx

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:46:21 AM »

Certainly a chat with your GP is important.  There are several OTC preparations once you have a diagnosis.  I find that if I don't eat/drink anything within the hour of going to bed I am less likely to have heartburn ……. that awful reflux  :-X

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »

I find that grazing helps: dry toast, dried mixed fruits/nuts, bananas …… little and often.  Pancakes?  :-*   ;)

warwick01

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 12:48:25 PM »

Hi Janine

This was my first peri symptom. I had all GI tests but all clear. Things began to settle one the HRT kicked in.

Only thing that worked for me was gaviscon. Try not to worry, it will settle

W

janine scott

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »

Hi thanks everyone I'll definatley try these remedies so pleased am not alone and have all the help I need to get through this awful time xx