Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Hysteroscopy procedure failed :-/  (Read 19352 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hysteroscopy procedure failed :-/
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 05:21:36 PM »

Feet up in front of the TV, surrounded by wrapping paper, envelopes, cards …… there's something on then  ::) ……. let us know how you get on!  Families  ::)

Mrs January

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 06:22:56 PM »

Hi There Grumpy2008

Just a thought but you can refer your dad to adult social services...number will be in the directory at probably County Hall. If you can't find it ask Gp surgery to give it to you, also can insist that the district nurse is onboard to do an over 75 assessment for your dad and see what services he needs from there, the ideal would be to have a GP and nurse out on a joint visit to dad's home. Please don't take NO for an answer if you need extra support ( I have been a district nurse before now working with children) I find it appalling that you ladies on here have to almost beg for services to support family members ............I am sorry to be a  bit forceful in my comments but do hope this helps you and your dad honey

Hugs

Mrs January xxx

grumpy2008

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 10:27:53 AM »

Many thanks, Mrs January, you've given me another angle to try... I didn't know about the over 75 assessment, for instance, and will look into that. Dad seems better in himself at the moment (especially compared to a month ago) and he's getting plenty of visitors because it's near Christmas, so unless there's a crisis I'm going to tackle everything again after Boxing Day. We're halfway through setting the power of attorney up, so there's some progress :)

I'm concentrating on my own health at the moment... I had my pre-op yesterday, for next Monday's hysteroscopy / endometrial biopsy. I also had external and internal ultrasound scans to look at my uterus and ovaries. Ovaries look ok but my endometrium is thickened, around 13-16mm, and there's an area that may be a polyp (it wasn't clear on the scan). I did ask if the thickening could be due to my menstrual cycle, since my next period has been due for 2 weeks now? But she thought it would be more to do with the tamoxifen. As for the 'polyp', I had a scan a few years back which clearly showed a small polyp. So perhaps that's what this is. I'll know more once I've had the hysteroscopy  :-\.

The radiographer did say that the endometrium looked 'well-defined' which I'm taking as a positive sign.

Sigh. I'm just taking one day at a time at the moment. We'll stock up on food at the weekend and plan to keep Christmas lunch simple. I just wish I could feel more festive! Thanks everyone, it helps to write it down  :)

Mrs January

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 10:39:16 AM »

Hey there Grumpy2008

Christmas is just a time of the year, it means different things to all of us.

It is our first without my lovely eldest son,23 who died in Sept...My younger son 17 and I are off out for Xmas lunch as I can't face cooking, my daughter is away with her dad. One minute, hour or day at a time is my motto for moving forward.

I had an endrometrial biopsy and all was ok last year.

Hugs Mrs January xxx

grumpy2008

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 10:51:57 AM »

I'm sending massive, heart-felt hugs your way, Mrs January x

I've just been reading your thread, about the loss of your son, and realise that Christmas will not be easy for you this year. One moment at a time is all any of us can do when we have a difficult situation to face.

I really do appreciate the generous support you've given me in this thread, and hope to do the same for you whenever I can. The ladies on this forum are a great source of comfort, as I'm sure you've found.

Take good care of yourself xxx

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 12:58:09 PM »

Let us know how you get on.  Tamoxifen made me really ill  :'( so I stopped after 3 months.

Mrs January

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »

Hey there Grumpy 2008

Thanks, I have proved I am made of strong stuff I think. Went to take a Xmas wreath to J's resting place today and had a chat and a tear.

Well all have challenges in life but one day at a time xxxx

grumpy2008

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 12:11:11 PM »

CLKD - the tamoxifen hasn't been so bad for me... but then I don't really know which of my ailments are caused my meno and which by the drug. I was suffering pretty badly with my hormones before taking the tamoxifen. My anxiety is through the roof now, though, and I wonder if the tamoxifen is responsible for that. What particular side-effects did it give you?

Mrs January - we never really know how strong we can be until we are challenged. I've had various friends tell me how strong I am... but it doesn't feel that way  :-\. I hope your visit to your son's resting place helped you a little yesterday :).

Well, I've been waiting all morning for my GP to ring me, but no call yet. I rang her secretary a couple of days ago requesting diazepam to help me through the surgical procedure next week, which was suggested by me pre-op nurse. I've been sat here all morning, and my anxiety is worse than ever. I would go out, but don't want to talk about my health while I'm walking around the supermarket!!!

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 01:08:58 PM »

Intense nausea.  Acute sense of smell - DH had baked a Dundee cake which was in a tin with lid on, behind a closed pantry door - when I walked by I could smell it, down to the tablespoon full of water he had added to the mix  :-\

The side-effects happened within 12 hours of the 1st dose.

grumpy2008

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 03:31:24 PM »

Picked up my diazepam today, but doubt that I'll use it. Only if absolutely necessary.

Sorry to hear about your experience with tamoxifen... it varies so much from person to person. It actually helped me, for quite a while, and it's just the past 2 or 3 months that the side-effects have got so bad. No nausea though, thank goodness.

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »

Take a diazepam before required so that you are aware of the effects as if you aren't expecting any, they might freak you a bit!  Or extra tired …….. ;)

grumpy2008

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »

I'm really struggling today, but don't want to take the diazepam... OH thinks I should try it (he's worried about me) but I resent having to take more tablets if that makes sense?

Mrs January

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 02:28:24 PM »

Hey there Grumpy 2008

Honey be kind to yourself. I am struggling too today, have a chest infection and struggling to breath and talk....One minute, hour or day at a time....... Use distraction and relaxation. My counsellor spoke to me about Glasgow Steps website it is good for relaxation music /ideas etc.......or maybe OH stroking your hair or something else you may enjoy to relax...

Love and hugs

Mrs January xxx

sweatybet

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 03:03:21 PM »

Have you signed your consent form? You should not take a sedative until you have.

SB

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 08:03:39 PM »

Consent Form isn't in the 'now', it's next week.

TAKE the Valium  ;) and rest …….. that is what it is for!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4