Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Your Christmas List  (Read 8023 times)

Rowan

Your Christmas List
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:40:07 AM »

Every year OH asks me to write a Christmas list so he can choose what to get me and every year I say I don't know what I want, surprise me.

Well he surprised me today and it looks like I maybe getting what I really want, I have mentioned that I was going to save up for it but that's all.

I am getting  the Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Tablet with 64G with wifi/4g/3g, third generation.

I am so pleased as now I will be able to store so much more and use it outside the house on the go. Reviews are very good.

So now I will have three kindles plus an ipad and smart phone ::) a real geek.

Joyce

Re: Your Christmas List
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 11:53:14 AM »

;D

I gave hubby my list. Thing is he doesn't choose, he buys the lot. So if there's something with different colours I get him to choose the colour. Two of mine have already arrived. None of my choices were expensive, well apart from perfume.  ;D

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 12:39:24 PM »

I think I will get some glossy magazines to read too and some chocolate, also a diary, he knows I like pretty fantasy ones.

honeybun

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »

My hubby asks for ideas and then ropes in my daughter to help him  ;D

She knows what I like so there are few disasters. This year it's an iPad for me. Can't wait as my kindle is getting a bit slow and won't let me do all the things I want.

I'm good at thinking of surprises for everyone but hopeless at suggesting things for myself.

Honeyb
x

oldsheep

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »

I don't know what it'd even be called - I want some warm, open slipper type thing that I can wear to the outdoor Lido pool all winter. My feet are arctic from the cold air and damp ground. Flip flops etc don't work.

I'd like some boots too. And some new clothes. Trouble is, choosing for me is always stressful and my Personal Style Advisor and I don't always agree  ;D

good luck with the iPad. I find mine frustrating other than using it for TV, movies and Kindle app. Mine is the 3G version and wish I'd got the wifi only as it's lighter. I haven't seen the latest ones yet though.

Joyce

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 01:49:11 PM »

I don't have benefit of daughter helping her dad these days. I think she's quite thankful really, as he used to just leave it all up to her. He has bought me surprises in the past, all have been great. Apart from chip pan!!! He never made that mistake again!  ;D

Crocs do lined shoes oldsheep.

oldsheep

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 01:50:32 PM »

I'm off in search of warm crocs! Thank you! (I might not wait for Xmas on this one  ;))

honeybun

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »

I think he does drive her nuts CG but she is a good wee soul so just puts up with it.

She is good at choosing clothes for me so I live in hope of something nice. Makeup is usually involved too  :).

Oh and if I don't get some nice candles there will be words  ;D

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 03:06:18 PM »

I am going to deregister my old kindles and pass them on to family once I have cleared them, they all have leather covers and are in excellent condition. 

honeybun

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2014, 03:13:34 PM »

I have done that in the past and also sold one but the one I have now is getting slower and slower and the pages take a long while to load so it will stay with me and be used occasionally.

Honeyb
x

Rowan

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »

HB you can download an amazon app for your ipad and use it just like your kindle to download your books, and it will have a lot more memory then your kindle.

You will be able to download books from the iStore too, they have an even better selection then amazon

You will be an Apple girl instead of a Android  :)

purplenanny

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2014, 05:04:03 PM »

I would really like a Sizzix Die Cutter but they are costly and I am worried I won't make good use of it ???

Rowan

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2014, 02:58:58 PM »

To be honest Stellajane I am paying half towards my new Fire HD kindle, OH is making up the difference, I usually buy what I really want myself too, I bought my other

Kindles myself.

Scampi

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2014, 03:40:05 PM »

I have no idea what I would like for Christmas, except Lego to feed my inner child!! 

I LOVE cooking at Christmas, but HATE the gift buying - I get quite stressed trying to find something for everyone.  If I could just get them all in a big room and give them a feast I'd be a very happy Scampi indeed!!!