Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: First timer  (Read 2318 times)

anniemx

First timer
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »

Hello to you all,

You Knew, I'm new,  i've been reading from all areas of MM and found it helpful and at last I can say I am not alone and not weird or the only one.  I have been perimenopausal for the past 4yrs and started HRT just 5 / 6 months ago following my 50th birthday and mood swings that would knock out a horse.  The usual fever pitch followed by enough tears that would cause the building of the next Ark to commence.
I have always had a little problem with trust, but, just recently it has taken over my days. I am married for the past 21yrs and never had cause to question my husbands fidelity.  Everything just seems so highlighted in neon.  I question everything, txt msgs etc down to asking him if he was actually seeing someone else. He is not having any extra marital affairs. Anger followed by tears but not just a once off, it seems to by cyclic in nature when I start progesterone for the 12 days. HELP anyone had anything similar or is it just me this time.   

Dancinggirl

Re: First timer
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:07:15 PM »

Hi and welcome to MM annex
You don't say which HRT you are on? How you feel on the progesterone part of an HRT often depends on the type of progesterone.
You are getting very typical PMT type symptoms so may need to try something like Femoston which has a kinder progesterone in it. DG x 

babyjane

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:34:13 PM »

Hello,  :welcomemm:

hope you enjoy the forum  :)

Kathleen

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 08:23:00 PM »

Hello anniemx and welcome to the forum.

I sympathise with how you are feeling and I certainly recognise the emotional problems caused by the menopause. I am seeing a counsellor atm and he said that hormonal changes 'turn up the volume' on our emotional responses making them even more difficult to handle and that is definitely true for me. I am post meno and on HRT but I still have noticeable mood changes that go along with my physical symptoms.

In recent years I've begun to worry about how my marriage will adapt to the changes that I'm going through and on a bad day I panic about the future and start to worry in an obsessive way.

I think all of this turmoil is due to the insecurities that can surface at this time in our lives and any issues we may have in the background are easily magnified, it's not rational but it is real. So basically in my opinion you are not alone, or weird or the only one, you are just like the rest of us, battling the dreaded menopuase as best we can!

I hope this helps you. Take care and keep posting.

K.

TropicalVon69

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 09:42:19 AM »

YUp me too, although I am single, worries about familly can sometimes get out of proportion, takr good care and keep posting xxx