Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Newbie here too!  (Read 2903 times)

stormbreaker

Newbie here too!
« on: November 09, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

I am struggling to get round this site! I think a lot has to do with me being menopausal! My ability to concentrate has gone  :(

I am 52, not really had many symptoms except 'mood swings' horrendous! It's like a curtain closing and I could so easily just stand and bubble! I've been like this for at least 6 months. I went to the doctor who took blood to test for the menopause but the results came back as normal! I had to see the nurse about something completely different and it was her who told me my results. She said that they were never a true sign as a lot depended on the time they were taken.

I have no other reason for my feelings. Until this month I was still getting regular periods, fairly light every 28 days or so. However I have now had two bleeds in 16 days :( they really don't concern me.

Is there anything herbal that I can try to help the mood swings before going down any other route? Please. Thanks

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Newbie here too!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »

:welcomemm: have a read of the menus, left of screen.  Blood tests are notoriously un-reliable! because hormone levels alter all the while  ::)

stormbreaker

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I was quite happy with the nurses explanation about the blood test and wondered why it was even taken in the first place.

I have tried searching the site and I could find suggested things for almost everything except the psychological problems :)  it just appeared to recognise that , yes they could come part and parcel of being menopausal but no suggestions as to what might help. I may need to make more of an effort to search. Thanks

caz24

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:57:38 AM »

Hi Stormbreaker

Welcome! If you've got the time trawl through some of the older posts, I'm sure that you will find something. I'm 47 and perimenopausal, having some problems with my periods which were always regular. I have suffered with the anxiety that others mention but now I have good days and bad days and yes the 'moods' have been awful, more like 'rages' to be honest and then just feeling so low. I have gone down the natural route which seems to have made things a bit better for now. I take Starflower Oil, Omega 3 fish oils, vitamin B6 and a calcium and magnesium supplement. I found this site and the lady in my local health shop to be very helpful. My friend takes a supplement designed for the menopause and she said they have helped with her rages. It's a matter of finding something that suits you I guess. Good luck x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »

Hello stormbreaker and welcome to the forum.

The emotional problems of the menopause are well known but difficult to deal with I know. HRT seems to be the only answer but I am also trying counselling which I hope will help me adapt to these new changes.

Sorry I can't be of help, but you are not alone in all this.

Take care.

K.

stormbreaker

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 06:18:41 PM »

Thanks again for the acknowledgements. The lows are bringing out a very 'ugly' side of me that I don't like but don't appear to have any control over, even although I recognise that I am being so totally irrational.
I often want to try and laugh it of, but I am sure I would only bubble more. I find it difficult not to want to cry at work but I would be absolutely mortified.
I have stood a bubbled whilst out with my husband. I find it truly bizarre!

Mickyaela

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 08:19:27 PM »

Hi, Im new to the site too and just posted my intro today.  I've had bouts of terrible mood swings too. I can be very irritable and have totally irrational ranting sessions. I know when im doing it but i can't stop mself. Im also looking for an alternative remedy for these symptoms before maybe looking at the HRT route.

It's comforting to know that we are not alone in all of this and going mad!!

Dennydo

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 06:13:16 AM »

I'm a newbie too and finding the site difficult to browse so you are not on your own, I've just turned 50 and I am finding my emotions difficult to cope with. I have developed panic attacks and fears are getting out of control, if I find out anything I will let you know, if not we can be raging lunatics together xx