Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take  (Read 17265 times)

karenja

Re: Estradot & UTROGESTAN Experiences Please and how to take
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2014, 11:46:44 AM »

Hi Briony & Honeybun, If I started Estradot on Thursday 4th December, I calculate I start Utrogestan on the 18th (day before xmas party) can I drink???, and then take tablets for 12 days last one 29th December? then start again 15 days later have I got that right??? xx

honeybun

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2014, 01:17:53 PM »

Yes that's right and you can have a Xmas party drink.

Hope you settle onto this new regime really soon.

Honeyb
x

karenja

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2014, 02:55:56 PM »

Thanks Honeyb, Im going to try and preserve so many ladies have found Utrogeston ok so let hope fingers crossed, and Im going to try and put up with side effects as they seem to be just normal xx

Hurdity

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2014, 08:10:11 PM »

Hi karenja - thanks for your pm but was out last night and busy today. All your questions have been answered very well by the others so don't have anything to add at this point.

You should experience fewer side effects using the utrogestan vaginally - as I mentioned previously the French leaflet instructions give this mode of delivery as an alternative for those suffering side effects from oral use.

The only thing with alcohol is I find now I have to be very careful - not sure if this is just age or post-meno or HRT but I can drink much much less than I used to. Also if I drink wine later in the evening or sometimes other short drinks eg after 9 pm I can get a migraine or hang-over type feeling.

So my advice re alcohol is drink only a little, don't drink too late in the evening especially wine, and afterwards always drink at least twice as much water as any drink you've had.

This is just me and you might be fine!

Good luck and do perservere - as others have said - you are worrying that everything you feel is due to the HRT - heavens - half the time I have all sorts of "symptoms" and I've no idea what they are due to, but mostly just ignore them, put up with them, take painkillers (if headache) or indigestion tabs (if stomach) and hope for the best. I mention to doc only if seems to be really bothersome.

Do hope you feel better soon!

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2014, 08:38:46 PM »

Thanks hurdity appreciate your advice - ive been getting kind of heartburn for two days not sure of cause trying not to stress - I don't drink hardly ever now due to anxiety so won't overdo it and definately trying Utrogestan vaginally / would it matter if I started Utrogestan on the 17th day ie after the party or will that mess everything up? X

Hurdity

« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2014, 08:49:07 PM »

No don't worry about it. Just make sure you have a diary or calendar or put a reminder on your phone or computer so you know where you are. As a matter of principle it's good to keep a regular routine with the doses, but a couple of days delay really won't make a difference - after all periods do vary sometimes by a couple of days here and there. It just might make a difference if your own cycle kicks in but from what you've said it sounds like you maybe almost post-meno anyway.

Enjoy your party!

Once you get used to the side effects they generally are tolerable for most women for most of the cycle - you just have to get used to what they feel like!

Hurdity x
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]