Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Daughter with really low mood and prob periods  (Read 7218 times)

Millykin

Re: Daughter with really low mood and prob periods
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 09:54:56 AM »

;D Cant blame her my youngest 20yrs old said it was sore, she does exaggerate! oldest 23yrs didnt flinch. My sister said it was nothing, My GP offered me it few years ago and i just said eh no thanks, it was the thought of it, and yet i tell everyone else to get it ;D It is a hard decision, at least with the mini pill she can stop anytime if she feels it not agreeing with her where as with implanon she would have to wait for appointment to get it removed.
Good luck anyway let us know how she gets on,
x

Chi chi

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 10:01:45 AM »

Thanks will do  ;)

How soon did your girls see an improvement?

Millykin

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 10:14:39 AM »

My youngest was 15 she was the one with moods heavy periods, very mature for her age and i noticed within a month or 2 she was beginning to become more herself again, she had stopped going out for a while quite withdrawn, she felt the same a month or 2. My oldest now 23 started pill at 16 she was never bothered with moods or periods it was just her choice for protection i suppose, changed to implant at 20, just for the convenience but only lasted a few months with it, nothing to do with not working she had a serious illness involving high BP so all these things are a no no now.

Chi chi

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 10:24:04 AM »

Ah ok,
Sometimes I wish I'd had boys  ::) teenage girls = nightmares! Still love em to bits though

honeybun

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 11:49:31 AM »

Believe me, boys are no better  ::)

I wouldn't go for the implant. Try continuous progesterone to start with as if she has a reaction you can stop and try something new.

A friend of my daughter's reacted badly to the implant.....it was a nightmare.

My daughter now uses the mini pill for contraception. Works well for her as I'm not a gran yet  ;D

Good luck and don't be fobbed off. Your girl needs some quality in her life.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2014, 07:11:32 PM »

I HATED my periods with a vengeance but had to get on with them - my 1st was 16 08 65  >:(! I hated the bleeds, the flooding, the smell, the soreness that pads caused …….. I was the 1st girl in my School year to bleed.  I hated going to the burner with used pads because that's where the Big Girls stood to keep warm in the Winter so *everyone* knew  :-\

Make sure she doesn't hate the whole process.  Plus the fact that I had DREADFUL pain and flooding so The Pill was the only option.  I took it for years before opting to be sterilised.

She may like to look at niamhlouisefoundation.com - a web-site set up for suicidal teens.  I understand that she wants 'the pain to go away', that's how I felt ….. didn't want to die but wanted to wake up without pain.

The implant needs careful discussion as what happens if there are side-effects, I would go with The Pill initially …...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 07:14:06 PM by CLKD »

Chi chi

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2014, 08:51:33 AM »

Just a little update, she was prescribed Cerazette and has been on it for nearly a week now. Camhs also wanted her to start AD's  ??? I said I wasn't too keen on going down that route yet! She's inly 14! And hasn't even started councelling yet or given the pill time to work (if it does)?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2014, 03:17:23 PM »

It's not what you want though it's what will be better for your daughter  :-\.  ADs can ease low mood and avoid suicidal thought patterns developing. 

A week is not long enough to find out whether medication will/not work.
Pages: 1 [2]