Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Anxiety end of my tether with it  (Read 11442 times)

karenja

Re: Anxiety end of my tether with it
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »

Hi Scampi, I can only echo what the other ladies have said you need to get some help for the anxiety, I don't know what hrt you have tried and whether you are on anything else as well, but you need to get them to listen to you and give you something to help, I nagged for a certain hrt and in the end have managed to get it, time will tell if that helps, with me it was just a case of seeing the right doctor who bothered to look it up properly, sending hugs anxiety is awful x

Kathleen

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »

Hello Scampi.

I know how horrible this anxiety can be, you are not alone. I admire you for attempting to do things even when you are feeling unwell, that takes courage.

I agree that you may want to talk to your GP about your HRT or other treatments. Whatever you decide keep us posted. As charliegirl said, we are all in this together.

Wishing you well and take care.

K. 

Scampi18

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 11:18:30 AM »

Not stopped sobbing yet, can't get to grips with it all, just so miserable, my gyni knows all this, I have been back to see her 3 times in as many weeks, she is very good and changed my hrt treatment 3 times.  Don't want to go on antidepressants because the very few good days I have are really good, I am confident, my hair shines, I have no spots, no headache no symptoms at all, that last about 3 days.
So so confused.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2014, 11:23:09 AM »

Why has your Gynae altered your HRT before it has time to 'kick in'?  What's wrong with ADs?  I fought for years before realising that without, I won't get out of bed.  However, the correct AD will  help anxiety, others don't.  I also take Beta-blocka every night and sometimes at breakfast time, to stop the anxiety surges but sometimes, the anxiety takes over.

Relaxation therapy can help.  As can 'rescue remedy' ……… Valium-type meds to take as necessary.  It can be a long time finding something that suits  :sigh: …….. which in itself is tiring.  I want to be up and at it but mustn't take on 'too much' …… whatever that is!

Dandelion

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2014, 02:54:43 PM »

Hugs to you Karenja and Scampi

Some of us are affected really badly with meno related anxiety.

I used to get quetiapine, but found it had too many side effects, such as bad fluid retention in the ankles preventing walking in the evening when gravity had done its worst.
I weaned off that slowly and I now get promethazine and propranolol, and of course my trazodone.

Frustratingly HRT can take a while to get the right one, but, don't be like me and stick with one that isn't working for you for a year.
I did this, because when I brought it up with my regular GP, I felt she got pi$$ed off, even though she is great with all other health issues.
Three doctors later and I found one that prescribed what I wanted.

Kas

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 09:16:33 PM »

More hugs to Karenja and scampi18. I can't take HRT as they don't play nice with my fibroids, but I have come to the conclusion that taking ad's does help me function  and I almost feel like the old me. Funnily enough, my closest family all had mini panic attacks and frowned when I first mentioned that i was on ad's, but I stood my ground, did some research and with my partners support carried on with the treatment.I don't like the stigma that is attached with ad's, but a family member , also on the same meds, explained it to me in laymans terms. I quote''When our body is lacking in something, then you take something to redress the balance and thats what ad's do.They re-balance your seratonin levels''. I have been lucky with fluoxetine(almus brand) as they suite me and have helped me put myself back together.
Please don't be put off by other peoples thoughts about ad's. Anything is worth a try to help you feel better about yourself  and see the lighter side of life. Honeybun is also right when she said take baby steps.It's hard at first, but little positives add up to bigger positives.

Kas xx

Scampi18

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2014, 11:01:52 AM »

Hi everyone,

Again woke up ok ish took the ostigel and within the hour I was sweating and panicky angry frightened, anxious, shouting at my poor dogs stressed, took them out thinking it may help, nope just made it worse, I just needed to get home.
Again wanted to throw myself out of the bedroom window, this is the worse feeling ever, sobbing uncontrolably, just can't seem to stop.
I have tried ADS over the years and nearly ended up being sectioned on fluoxetine,
One gp thought I may have bipolar, but it never went any further than that, we moved house and now I have a new GPS.
I don't know if it's the menopause or the thyroid or depression or all 3 fighting one another.
All I know is I can't carry on like this, I have called my gp and waiting for call back.
Thank you all for your kind words.

bramble

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2014, 01:22:36 PM »

Hi Scampi,
I hope your GP can give you some help. Have a big  :hug:
Pages: 1 2 [3]