Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67

Author Topic: It's not Christmas yet!  (Read 144110 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: It's not Christmas yet!
« Reply #150 on: November 14, 2016, 07:03:26 PM »

Far TOO early  :bang: :bang: :bang:

dulciana

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2016, 10:19:57 PM »

I wonder if it's a cheer-up reaction after what happened in the US last week........ :-\

Scampi

« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2016, 08:19:31 AM »

I've seen one in a house window, and a friend of a friend posted a picture of theirs on Facebook!  As I've said, for the first time in years I'm looking forward to Christmas this year, but actual decorating won't start until December (I won't put the tree up at home until mid-December, but I'll decorate the caravan over the weekend of 3/4 December, weather permitting!

CLKD

« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2016, 06:57:59 PM »

I haven't anywhere to stand the tree this year  :o due to a complete over-haul of our lounge - a month to go  :-X

littleminnie

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2016, 07:29:10 PM »

Nothing up yet. Although I have bought a tree.

CLKD

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2016, 08:25:41 PM »

Real tree?  Ours is in the loft, ready dressed ….. usually I have mine in the lounge by around the 18th, ready for my birthday  :).  It needs to be stood somewhere else this year  ::) …….

Tomorrow I intend to go back into the loft space and retrieve more decorations - for someone who dislikes this time of year intensely, I do LOVE putting decs on my outdoor trees  ;D.  The cards are defeating me this year, I think I will write them in February next year ……….

ellie

« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2016, 03:33:21 PM »

Fed up with real trees so we bought an artificial seven foot tree, and I let two of our grandkids  aged seven decorate it (we put the lights on before they came ). I thought that when they had gone we would have to take things off and start again!......but NO they made a beautiful job of it 😀😀

Scampi

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2016, 03:46:40 PM »

Well, our decs are up at home and at the caravan.  We got some new lights to go round the deck (decided against any 3D outdoor decorations as it can get a wee bit breezy on the East coast!), and put the tree in the window this year so it's visible for outside.  And I succumbed to the temptation of putting the tree up at home early too ... with my shopping almost done, I'm feeling festive and prepared this year!

CLKD

« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2016, 05:02:54 PM »

You all all getting on so well!  I've written nearly all the cards and have sent the parcels today.

Dyan

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2016, 05:48:22 PM »

My tree and decs are up. Written the cards to be posted but haven't wrapped any pressies yet.

CLKD

« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2016, 07:16:55 PM »

Don't dash with the card writing, Royal Mail are going on strike for 3 days next week  ::).  Certainly don't post anything edible!!!!  Apparently many of the UK POs are due for closure even some of those that have been moved into other stores.

cubagirl

« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2016, 11:10:08 PM »

My decorations are all up. Even bought some outdoor lights this year as we have grandkids coming. They're battery operated ones, the lights not the grandkids  ;), with a timer. My brother had great success with his ones last year for his grandkids, so thought I'd give it a try. Mind you they are pinned to fence with several drawing pins, in case of stormy weather.

Cazikins

« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2016, 12:13:58 AM »

We put up our little artificial tree yesterday, put the lights on it & hung a few ornaments around it. Then put a few very old decorations up on the wall (leftovers from my childhood (1960's).
No children or grandchildren to think about in this house (apart from ME  ;D ;D)

CLKD

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2016, 12:47:43 PM »

I found the small tree that changes colour so that is on our window sill to be switched on a dusk  :)

Have sorted those cards that *must* go!

Cazikins

« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2016, 04:46:32 PM »

Today I wrote out the cards, tomorrow I must post the ones that need posting - then I need to traipse round the village delivering the local ones (mmm via the pub maybe).

I have 3 cards left so just hope I don't get any unexpected ones through the letter box, otherwise I will have to buy another box.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67