Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Newbie and worried about premature meno???  (Read 2152 times)

georgietips

Newbie and worried about premature meno???
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:23:38 PM »

Hi all,

I have been reading through the site and think you all sound so lovely and supportive  :)

I am 27 and have had night sweats almost every night for the past year, hot flushes for the past few months, anxiety, depression, tiredness and just down right feeling like I am definitely not in my twenties  :(
I have not ever thought to look up the reasons for my symptoms, my husband and I have joked in the past year that Im probably going through menopause (totally naive to the fact that this does actually happen). My friend told me yesterday that I should probably look into my symptoms (I know googling your symptoms is probably the worst thing to do!!) and now I have Im worrying myself and was hoping you guys might have some advice.
I don't feel like I should go to the GP im only in my twenties and they may not take me seriously as I have been struggling with mental health lately. But I am terrified that I may not be able to have a family, its the only thing I have always really wanted and just the thought of it not being possible making me panic.
My periods have been a bit up and down lately but have definatley not stopped. Therefore im not sure if I am just worrying myself for no reason?? Previously I have put the variation down to the fact that I have not been taking the pill for the past year due to other stressors in our lives making it irrelevant.

Im sorry about the long essay. Look forward to hearing your opinions. I think your all amazing at being there for eachother and you help so many people.

Georgie xx
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:26:51 PM by georgietips »

caz24

Re: Newbie and worried about premature meno???
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:12:32 PM »

Hi georgietips

You poor thing, I really feel for you being so young and worrying like this. I don't have any advice I'm afraid other than to say that maybe you could seek help from your GP? It seems to me that you have real symptoms here of which there can be many causes I'm sure but you need to have your mind put at rest. Yes 'Googling' isn't good but we all do it!!  I'm sure that someone will be along with some better advice for you soon, you've definitely come to the right place. I just wanted to say 'hi' and good luck x

georgietips

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:24 PM »

Thank you for your reply Carol  :) So nice to have a supportive voice :)

I know that the GP is probably the best way to go I just don't want them to write me off as a hyperchondriac is it does turn out to be nothing and maybe I wont be taken seriously in the future then?

Goodness me I sound like such a drama queen, im not honestly  ;)

Look forward to hearing others views, Thanks

dazedandconfused76

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »

Hi georgie and welcome :)

Just one quick question really...how old was your mum (& her mum) when they started meno?

Kikidee xx

georgietips

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »

Hi kikidee,

My mum has just turned 50 and has not been through it yet (not sure about my grandma tbh). That is another reason that Im not sure if im barking up the wrong tree as I have read it does seem to follow in the family.

Thanks for your welcome xx

dazedandconfused76

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »

Well that's a v good sign it's not prem meno. My first sign of was at 36 which was missing periods, but it may have started way before that, who knows! But crucially my mum and her mum were both in their 30s too.

Thyroid probs can often throw up similar symptoms. Don't be hesitant of going to the drs...they get paid very good money (by us!) to sort our problems ;)

Good luck xx

Dancinggirl

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2014, 06:32:42 PM »

Hi and welcome georgie
Definitely get yourself to the GPs a.s.a.p - you are not wasting their time.
There are a number of things that can be causing your symptoms and some blood tests may well throw up the cause.
You need some reassurance, so make that appointment.
Keep us posted.
DG x

Hurdity

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 07:52:06 PM »

Hi georgietips

:welcomemm:

...and just to echo what the others have siad - go to the doctor and explain your symptoms. I was going to suggest thyroid maybe as well.

At least they will probably give you a full blood test ( hopefully) as a starting point and then take it from there. Be sure to ask for a print-out of the results (or for the receptionist to read it over the phone) so that you have them for future reference.

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2014, 07:56:56 PM »

Welcome!  Any un-toward symptoms should be discussed with your Practice Nurse, GP or a local Pharmacist.  Let us know how you get on!