Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Anxiety, fainting feeling  (Read 4138 times)

jgr

Anxiety, fainting feeling
« on: September 06, 2014, 04:00:58 PM »

Hi ladies, what a morning i have had. Felt well when i got up this morning, had an appointment at the hairdressers which i look forward to as i find it very relaxing. As i was getting my hair dried and having a laugh with the hairdresser, a feeling came over me as though i was going to faint, i sat quiet and had a drink of water and it slowly passed. On leaving i did not feel 100% but ok ish. After returning home i sat outside in the sun but after about 1/2 an hour i came in as i had an odd feeling come over me and felt as though something was going to happen. I have had a few ectopic heart beats over the last few days and had a funny one last night which seemed to have a longer pause but felt ok. I have had these checked out and been told everything is ok so not sure if this episode is related.
I am on hrt Evoril Conti, and have been for 3 years now, i am post meno age 56. Anyone else had this. :(

Melbury

Re: Anxiety, fainting feeling
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 05:33:32 PM »

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well jgr. 

This happened to me about ten years ago, I was absolutely fine one minute - in a pub at the bar getting a drink - and then I just came over feeling very weird and fainted.  Felt awful for a couple of days afterwards - like pressure on the back of my head/neck area.

Had loads of tests but nothing showed up - I ended up putting it down to menopause (early stages then).

Even now I cannot stand in a queue in shops as I start to feel dizzy and faint and I always use a trolley in a supermarket, even if only buying a few things, just to give me something to hang onto. :(

I am sur

Rowan

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 05:49:41 PM »

There is something called POTS  http://www.patient.co.uk/health/postural-orthostatic-tachycardia-syndrome

that can account for these symptoms, some people can just get just a few times and others have to live with this condition.

PaulineW

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »

What's pots as I get these symptoms x

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 09:26:08 AM »

Click on Silverlady's link Pauline and all will be revealed  :)

Taz x

PaulineW

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:33:52 AM »

Thanks Taz interesting reading x

warwick01

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:20:53 PM »

Hi

I feel faint, lightheaded most of the time esp when out in shops etc. Feel better in the house.

All started in peri

W

TropicalVon69

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 09:15:34 AM »

I feel the same, its as if I get a surge of anxiety or hormones and my head fills up with a wave and only crying gets rid of it....I feel so vacant and dizzy while this is happening, its frightening.....empathy my friend :bighug: