Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Are headaches and nausea better on HRT ... or worse?  (Read 4597 times)

Briony

Are headaches and nausea better on HRT ... or worse?
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:24:47 PM »

Just about to start Evorel 50 patches and Utrogeston, but am on day 5 of headache and nausea. Am worried stiff the patch will make things worse?    :-\ If you had these symptoms when peri menopausal, did HRT help or hinder? Thanks so much, B
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:38:37 PM by Briony »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Are headaches and nausea better on HRT ... or worse?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »

:hug:

Millykin

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 03:42:48 PM »

Oh briony I feel for you I hate headaches ! I'm 44 and peri meno been on HRT for 7 months, I used to get headache every month when on the mini pill, I stopped that when started HRT and have had one headache since then 2 months ago which lasted 10 days and was unbearable I ended up at docs to check and we both thought it was hormone related which I really think it was, just a blip with my own hormones coming through, that's the only time, you can only try and if gets worse see GP or stop but hopefully it will subside, I tried all sorts of painkillers then the pharmacy told me to go back to docs as I had been taking them 10days no relief so I bought forehead stick went home and put it on and within half hour it was gone! May have been coincidence or it worked but I've been using it when I feel one coming on and it goes away, hope your ok
X

Briony

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 10:11:39 AM »

That's really handy to know. Thanks Millykin  :)
Do you use the actual stick treatment, or the stick on (white patch)
one? I went to the chemist last night on your recommendation, then forgot which you'd used! Is it the stick that looks a bit like a thick lip balm ? Thanks so much x

Claireylou

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2014, 10:31:28 AM »

Hi Briony,

I'd just like to add that the only thing that works for my migraines is the forehead stick too.

I rub it on as soon as I feel a headache coming on and it really does stop it in its tracks.

Take care xxx

Millykin

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 11:12:32 AM »

Hi
It's the stick I use worth a shot
X

Millykin

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »

Hi did you try the forehead stick at all?
X

Dancinggirl

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 10:19:42 AM »

Hi Briony
I get lots of headaches (not migraines) whether on HRT or not - I think my headaches are usually related to sinus pain or tension headaches because I have a vertebrae in my neck that I think has a bit of arthritis.
Through my peri stage I would definitely got meno related headaches for several days at a time and they would only subside when my period finally arrived - it was miserable.  I did find the headaches were better once I was put on some HRT and I only got a headache on the day before my period was due - this was easier to manage as I knew when it was coming and took painkillers for that day.
Now I'm off HRt my sinuses are really playing up and I get nasty headaches particularly with central heating drying things out.
Try the HRT as it may well help in lots of ways.   DG x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 12:00:12 PM »

DG have you tried a saline wash..up ur nose?? ive found it really helpful for horrible facial pain ..i get it round eyes temples ..all in the front of my face..it accompanies foggy headedness aswell.dosing up on iron also helps me as i have deficiency which can cause alot of these symptoms when im low in it x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 01:13:16 PM »

Hi tabbycat
Yes, I have a special nasal wash called 'SinuCleanse' which I find really helps - I also steam whenever possible.  My dentist, when looking at my x-rays, commented that my sinuses were very large in comparison with the size of my head.  I used to be a professional singer and the sinuses are the resonating cavities getting constantly  stimulated when singing, so he suspected my sinuses would probably be very sensitive now - it tends to effect my teeth as well - referred pain!!!.  Oestrogen deficiency does dry out everything including the mucus membranes which naturally make things worse. Yet more lovely meno symptoms!!! :-X
DG x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »

Thats interesting!big sinuses in comparison to your head..haha not heard that one before!
Yeah i guess its all connected isnt it..teeth sinuses etc etc..i do find steaming and snorting salt helps too ...
funny estrogen dries everything out..my nose has been running like a tap for weeks but my mouth feels dry...oh fun fun fun!
x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 04:00:02 PM »

I find my nasal passages are either really dry or running like a tap - I think this is pretty typical for sinus problems - I've just found it's got worse with no oestrogen. I wake in the night unable to breath sometimes because I'm all bunged up - I can only sleep with my mouth shut so I have to prop myself up on a pillow and hope my sinuses will clear. I don't have any heat in my bedroom at the moment as it is so drying - too many hot flushes at night anyway - I now wake with freezing cold feet as various times - can't win :-X.
Oh how I long for a decent nights sleep.  Dg x

tabbycat3838

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »

sparkle,DG .. :( ..i cant believe how much grief this stuff causes!! X