Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Everol Sequi no bleed  (Read 2926 times)

karenja

Everol Sequi no bleed
« on: October 11, 2014, 03:22:07 PM »

Hi

Sorry Ive raised this before but Im on my third month of the patches half way through and haven't experienced any bleed at all, yet when I came off the Elleste Duet after not taking the full course I had a bleed, just a bit concerned arnt you meant to shred the womb lining?. Also my last natural period was December last year what happens in December this year can I move to a different hrt maybe with kinder progesterone? though its swings and roundabouts Im not always great on the estrogen only, it does help my anxiety but not always x

bev567901

Re: Everol Sequi no bleed
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 04:20:50 PM »

Hi Karenja I am like clockwork now so perhaps go & see your GP. She told me I could switch to a different HRT once the bleeds stopped xx

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 05:23:54 PM »

Hi karenja

I'm not sure where you are in terms of bleeding. Do you mean you came off the combi patches (oestrogen and progestogen), are back on the oestrogen and still waiting for your withdrawal bleed? Did you have bleeds for the last 3 months?

I can't remember what patches you are on - maybe Evorel or even where you are in menopause? Sometimes women don't get a withdrawal bleed which usually means the lining has not built up enough to shed. If you are post-meno this is more likely to happen. Also transdermal methods of HRT are a more efficent way of getting HRT into your system so maybe you are absorbing more of the progstogen. The other explanation also is that you are further into menopause now and your own oestrgoen has declined since you were on the Elleste.

The answer to your other question is it depends how old you are. Women are only post-menopausal when they have experienced 12 months without a natural period. Once you start HRT you don't exactly know what's happening to your cycle. However once you reach the age of 54, most women (not sure of the percentage) will have reached menopause so you can go onto a no-bleed HRT, since breakthrough bleeding is unlikely.

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:41:10 PM »

Hi Hurdity

I was on elleste duet a few months ago and came off that three days into the progesterone tablets and then had a bleed (first time since my last natural period in December), I tried a few other things then decided to try hrt again but the patches (everol sequi) and I am now half way through my third month and have not experienced a bleed at all x

warwick01

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:01:37 PM »

Hi Karenja

I was on Femseven sequi for several months and had no bleed. My GP panicked and sent me for a scan. all was ok and the Consultant told me as long as your using the progesterone patches it doesn't matter as the lining may b too low to shred.

Hope that helps (don't worry)