Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Ladies not on HRT  (Read 40378 times)

Dandelion

hrt hassle
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2014, 10:47:04 AM »

Over the last year, I just felt like coming off my femoston as it's doing didddly squat, and not bothering with HRT.
This is because of the difficulties I was encountering with the doctors, part of me just thought, "I just won't bother at all, then I won't have the hassle with doctors getting stroppy"
But, the flushes and the sweats seem to be getting steadily worse.
I have a cold flat, winter is coming, waking up wet from a night sweat, in a cold bedroom, with single glazed windows, is just asking for chest infections, (I already have COPD)
Also, my mood is just crazy low. I know there are women who's HRT does not address their mood problems, unfortunately, but I at least want to keep trying different types before I give up on it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:40:32 AM by Dandelion »

Winterose

Re: Ladies not on HRT
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »

I dont think anything on here is meant to be divisive , its just an opinion and perhaps the more sensitive types take it personally.  Also some posts read quite strongly which is possibly not intended by the author and would sound completely different if we were all sitting  chatting around the kitchen table.  As for the natural therapies those of  us for whom they havent worked hate to think of people wasting lots of money and a bit like reading an amazon review its great to hear all of the different experiences. So I think thats all it boils down to . 

Dandelion

« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »

I've had lady care on either three weeks or a  month, still not long enough.
Flushes and sweats have got worse, when I am in a warm environment, or come indoors after a long walk  :hotflash:

honeybun

« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2014, 09:39:28 PM »

Before I was on HRT I found hot drinks triggered a flush especially coffee. Alcohol was a huge no no as it  is for many women. Even on HRT a glass of wine can bring on a flush.

Definitely a healthy diet and exercise helps.

Honeyb
x

karin

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2014, 06:31:16 PM »

A glass of wine is a huge yes yes! Got to keep a perspective ladies 😄

Limpy

« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2014, 06:37:22 PM »

Karin - Can't argue with that   ;D

honeybun

« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2014, 06:56:27 PM »

The No No was pre HRT. Now it's a different story, mind you I'm still a light weight  ;D

Honeyb
x

honeybun

« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »

Also meant to say on a more serious note.....alcohol...Well at least for me made flushes much much worse.

It still makes me feel hot with the occasional flush if I have a glass of wine.

It's also not recommended if you are on HRT. We all do but it should really be in moderation....unfortunately.

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2014, 07:46:57 PM »

Honeyb - You are correct of course.
Rats.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]