Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Books.  (Read 9020 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Books.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 09:57:51 AM »

Couldn't get into 'wild swans' ..........

Last week read 'Amazing Gracie' about a US Harliquen coloured Great Dane who was deaf and almost blind and how once rescued, she enriched lives - of course I read the sad ending first  ;)

libby1

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:17 AM »

Recently discovered Milly Johnson. Couldn't put them down, having ordered them all from the library, I'm now waiting for the last one to come in. Good fun, escapism  ;)

Libby
x

Rowan

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 11:30:20 AM »

Thanks for all the author suggestions, I am always looking for new ones to look up on Audio, finding I am listening more the reading these days, as it relaxes me off to sleep, though you can download books you can alternate between listening and reading now.

Anyone know any writers of Time Slip novels besides Barbara Erskine, I have all her books.

bramble

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 05:30:11 PM »

Diane Gabaldon has a series of time slip novels starting with Cross-stitch. If you use Literature map, you could find more. http://www.literature-map.com

Bramble

Rowan

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:14 PM »

Thank you Bramble   :)

oldsheep

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 04:13:47 PM »

I recently read Lonesome Dove. It's 700 odd pages! I became addicted to it, as did OH and my neighbour who read it too.
It's a real western. I'd seen the TV series long ago and liked it, but the novel is so well written. Larry McMurtry.
I'm now starting Ed Stuarton's Cruel Crossing - non fiction; about the airmen and refugees from Hitler who were helped across the Pyrenees into Spain during WW2. Many of them were taken over the mountains by Basques. I know and love the Basque Country (lived there for 2 years) and so am looking forward to reading it.
Pages: 1 [2]