Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: wearing glasses  (Read 22183 times)

Rowan

Re: wearing glasses
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »

I have a small face so they are always slipping down my nose, my long sight is perfect, just the small print is getting more and more blurred, have to use my reading glasses much more often.

I have found that children's glasses fit my face much better then adults.

Joyce

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 10:11:17 AM »

Mine are currently driving me nuts!

babyjane

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2014, 10:57:54 AM »

silverlady I asked about children's frames but was told that the lens size would not be big enough for an effective varifocal. You can apparently get compact varifocals but I was not advised to have them as the reading sections are all much more - well, compacted  :)

some of my glasses issues are due to oversensitivity and some to do with being borderline OCD and needing to have everything just so and straight and properly aligned even though my face is not straight  and I have one eye socket lower than the other  :o  ::)

purplenanny

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »

Mine too CG >:(  I have been out for walk and got a bit warm and sweaty -had to keep adjusting them.
feel better for the walk though :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2014, 05:35:17 PM »

I LOVE mine!  OK they sit on my nose skew whiff, the pads don't last 2 mins because reading ones are on/off all day: I lose mine several times a day so have 3/4 pairs   â€¦â€¦   but we are SO lucky to have access to regular eye tests and the opportunity of buying good quality glasses!

Limpy

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2014, 05:41:56 PM »

CLKD - UR right - But my glasses are very heavy and make me look like Joe 90, except less stylish  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2014, 05:42:50 PM »

Who on Earth is Joe 90 ……….

And who exactly made the choice of glasses ……... ;)

Rowan

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtEF8Wuw5pY

Gerry Anderson's Special Agent puppet.

That brings back so many memories
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:22:49 PM by silverlady »

Limpy

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »

Joe 90- Sixties science fiction series - Just Google Joe 90, then you will see.

As to who made choice of glasses, well I did ask OH for opinion......... 
He favoured the Joe 90 ones, and to be fair, people whose style opinions I respect, have praised them.

I had been quite tempted by a navy blue pair. Anyway, I've got an opticians check on Tuesday. I feel a spare pair of glasses coming on  ;D

Ju Ju

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2014, 06:36:56 PM »

This thread makes me feel very fortunate. I do look better without glasses and tried contact lens at the opticians, for vanity reasons, but couldn't get them in. I wear rimless glasses, varifocals, and tend to forget I am wearing them. I have tried to wash my face with them on, gone into the shower, and gone to bed with them still on!

CLKD

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »

…….. as well as putting 1 pair on over the other  ;D

babyjane

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »

Hi sparkle, we sound very similar especially this '(I've got a slightly lop-sided face so it's really noticeable but trying to get them straight is virtually impossible)'  but I know that other people don't notice anything amiss because they look at me, not just at my glasses. I am trying to get it in proportion now that I have shared it and received reassuring replies that I am not odd.

I tried rimless ones once but was very conscious of the fittings in my line of vision. I had stepper frames last time and they are also very light but the frame was a bit big for my face. I have had stepper frames again but a better fitting shape and style. I think it is just a matter of getting used to them and not obsessing.

Does anyone else get a headache whilst adjusting to a new prescription, especially a varifocal.

Dyan

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »

I wore contact lenses for years from the age of 18. Hard,gas permeable, dailies.
I have a very bad right eye that needed an implant to bring the sight in line with my left one as it made glasses awkward to wear.
I have now had my eye corrected and tried contacts again but just couldn't get on with them.
I have plastic frames with varifocals and I get on really well with them.
They are light and comfortable. I paid a lot of money to have the best varifocal and I soon got use to them.
There are different grades of varifocal and it depends on what you have as to how you get on with them.

babyjane

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2014, 02:45:09 PM »

Hi Dyan, I too have a more expensive varifocal because it gives me a wider reading channel so I don't have to keep turning my head when I read. I have had varifocals for many years now and the first time it took me months and months to get used to them but now it can take me a few weeks depending on how much my prescription has changed.

You are fortunate to be comfortable with your lenses and your frames  :)

catlady

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2014, 07:31:17 PM »

I have to wear my reading glasses for everything I do that's  close up.
I can't go anywhere without them as I can't see anything very well close up !!
I hate having to wear them though,  they leave red marks on the side of my nose,
they sometimes feel heavy .

I also have some for distance,  these are great, so light I forget I've got them on.
I have thought about lazer treatment but it scares me in case it went wrong so will have to
stick with my specs  8)
Pages: 1 [2] 3