Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Melatonin - advice please  (Read 9274 times)

Rowan

Re: Melatonin - advice please
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 10:04:59 AM »

DG Dr Walter Pierpaoli  who has made the study of melatonin his life work did trials with women using melatonin added to HRT, there is an interaction with estrogen and melatonin,

this site is translated  http://drpierpaoli.ch/index.php?node=268&lng=2&rif=66dc414595 he wrote a very interesting book that you can get on amazon.

Here is some more very interesting info

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/09/18/poor-sleep-causes-brain-damage.aspx?e_cid=20140918Z1_DNL_art_1&utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140918Z1&et_cid=DM55895&et_rid=663318695

Remember it is trial and error and as you have read some don't find it helpful, I would recommend if you are using 3mgs, to take about 9pm or you may wake up heavy headed.

GeordieGirl

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:00 AM »

I was ready to post a new thread on this but  this one has so many good links. My insomnia is horrendous, 3-4am is not the best time  to be wide awake as no one wants to play, even the dog avoids my attention and my partner just grumbles at me.

I've used biovea for other supplements and rate them highly, I'll definitely look into the melatonin too. Does anyone know if it can be used longer term or whether it has any side effects at all?

GG x

Winterose

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 06:27:23 PM »

I tried the mercola spray , it didnt work for me but for 2 of my friends it has been fabulous, it didnt stop the 3 am wake up for me but did for them so well worth  try,  8)

Hurdity

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 06:30:26 PM »

Sorry to hear about your sleep issues - best way I would say is to increase meltonin naturally - it is one substance that is under our own control (unlike oestrogen!)

There is some good info on this site
http://www.healthextremist.com/have-trouble-sleeping-naturally-increase-melatonin-and-sleep-better/

Have checked and looks wholly natural and not trying to sell a product ( apart from a book and they dont count  ;D )

Not seen if this link has been given before but won't hurt to post again if it has.....

Hurdity x

countrybumpkin

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2015, 01:51:14 PM »

Have a friend who used this for months. At first it worked wonders and cured her life long severe insomnia but she said about 6 months into using it she developed a constant headache which is a known side effect and her insomnia slowly got worse.  She had to stop them after 6 months as they weren't working and she had the constant headache which went away a few days after stopping them never to return.

But I know others who have taken them long term at 1mg a night for years.

I tried them because I wake up every 2 hrs in the night but they didn't help me.  It seems they only work at normal doses if you are deficient in it which happens as you get older ( past 60) so if you aren't deficient a normal dose will not have any effect.  Or at least this is what my friend was told :)

Annika

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 10:08:47 PM »

I have taken Melatonin for years at 5 mg and if I'm really suffering from lack of sleep i take one 10 mg tablet. I found the starwberry flavoured ones just don't seem to work for me but I can't say enough about this product..fantastic  :)
Pages: 1 [2]