Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Last day on everel sequi no bleed yet  (Read 2453 times)

karenja

Last day on everel sequi no bleed yet
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »

Hi I'm due to start a new box of everel sequi tomorrow but have not had a bleed whilst on the patches containing progesterone is this normal? Am I likely to get this when I go back on the estrogen only patches? I've had feelings a few times like a bleed will start a bit of cramping and bloated belly but nothing else - so happy to be changing back to the 50 patches tomorrow :) x

honeybun

Re: Last day on everel sequi no bleed yet
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:47:34 AM »

It's the withdrawal of the progesterone that triggers a bleed. It's not a hard and fast rule, some women bleed on the combined patch and a percentage of women don't bleed at all even though in theory they should.

Honeyb
x

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:28:21 AM »

Yes it's usually within a couple of days of starting the new pack that bleeding starts. As Honeyb says it is the withdrawal of progesterone which triggers the bleed.

"Withdrawal bleeding is menstrual-like bleeding that occurs when a woman takes cycles of hormone therapy or birth control pills. Women take progestin for several weeks and then do not take progestin for several days; this drop in progestin triggers the bleeding. Withdrawal bleeding occurs during each cycle of hormone therapy about five days after progestin use ends. This is healthy for the uterine lining, which thickens with each hormone cycle, then sheds (sloughs off) in response to the drop in progestin. Withdrawal bleeding can happen when it is not expected. For example, it can come and go after stopping hormone therapy or while taking birth control pills. If withdrawal bleeding continues over a period of time, see your doctor"

Taz x

karenja

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 06:48:12 AM »

Well my last few days on the conti patch werè great until last night nausea and anxiety and those morning have started new course today and have estrogen only patch still got anxiety am hoping it will calm down, no bleed as yet x

Hurdity

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »

If you have built up enough lining to shed then you should bleed in 2-3 days after stopping the progestogen. Most women will feel some form of pmt (headahce, tension, fuzzy head) just before the bleed and this is the effect of the prog withdrawal kicking in. Once you start to bleed you should then soon feel better.

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »

hope so thanks again, where would we be without MM X