Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ice Bucket challenge  (Read 11346 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Ice Bucket challenge
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »

I do wonder how much of the monies raised will actually go towards a research grant - how much will be 'invested' and how much will go towards the MDs company car  :-\ ……….

tiger74

Taz2

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »

I think a lot of the info here has been proved to be from a fake report tiger. This is from the link I posted earlier

http://www.alsa.org/news/archive/debunks-article.html

Taz x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 07:02:49 PM »

:thankyou:  UK Charities are now businesses, therefore they should pay the going council rate for their 2nd-hand shops.  Anyone can ask for the Annual Accounts which are an eye-opener.  Volunteering time is probably the best way of donating  ;)

tiger74

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:42 PM »

So difficult to know who/what to believe.

Yes, I agree, volunteering one's own time is a good way of 'donating' to charity, also giving blood (if you're able to do so) and other such altruistic acts.

Dyan

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2014, 08:08:56 AM »

Meno-Lesley- same here. I immediately thought of chain letters.i remembered the time I had one when I was about 10. Frightened the life out of me so I wrote some and posted them through friends doors because of the threat of what would happen if I didn't.

HB- my daughter is just like yours. She does her own thing.Doesn't follow her peers with fashion,she has her own style and won't be forced into anything.

honeybun

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 03:22:52 PM »

I was always very glad she had her own mind and would not just do things to be one of the crowd.
It did make life difficult for her at times but now at nearly 20 she has come into her own. She has met like minded girls at uni, they all have their own unique style and as they are all Fashion Business students they fit in(sort of ) at last.

Honeyb
x
Pages: 1 2 [3]