Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New to Menopause Matters... New to HRT Patches!  (Read 12788 times)

karenja

Re: New to Menopause Matters... New to HRT Patches!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 06:23:01 PM »

Hi MandyH, sorry to hear your not finding the patches any help, how long have you been on them now? and are you still on the 50 ones, or the conti?, I would say wait a bit longer, and hopefully the magnesium taurate and zinc will help, let me know as my anxiety has come back since Ive been on the conti patches and if it helps I may try these also, I don't know about the femseven sorry, but have read femeron? not sure if that's how you say it is supposed to have kinder progesterone, so less side effects, but I don't know if your on the conti patches yet?, its very hard but I would say give it a bit longer along with the other supplements see how it goes, Im trying to stick with them for now, though there are times when I feel like giving up on them xx

karin

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 09:48:51 PM »

Hi there
Im about to finish my 2nd week of the avorel progesterone patches and i dont like them!! The oestrogen part was fantastic but  now i cant sleep my joints ache i feel hot during the day and my head is all over the place! Im going to speak to my GP tomorrow because I cant accept this as its worse than before HRT. I want patches or gel but cant tolerate this. Any ideas please ladies?? Xx

Taz2

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 11:21:02 PM »

I know it's difficult karin but most HRT's give you side effects for the first couple of months or so. The advise is to persevere for three months if possible. The first month is always the worst in my experience and after this things should begin to settle down. If, after the three months, you find the progesterone part of the cycle is still horrible then you could ask to swap to FemSeven which has a different progesterone - although these don't stick as well. You do need to try for longer than three weeks though if you want to be taken seriously. If you are just finishing your second progesterone week then you are about to start the oestrogen only part again and should soon begin to feel much better.

Taz x

karenja

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 06:25:35 AM »

Hi Taz, I assume Femseven maybe better as it does not have norethisterone in it? which seems to be what may cause the problem, doubt my gp will have heard of that though they were not familiar with femeron, he actually said never heard of it!x

Taz2

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »

Yes the progesterone in FemSeven is kinder so not so many PMT type symptoms. FemSeven is known by most GPs I would think.

I've not heard of Femeron either  :-\

Taz x

Mandy H

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 09:59:37 AM »

Hi karenja, been on the patches 2 weeks now and yes they are Evorel Conti.  I was really hoping the hrt would help with low mood, I can cope with night sweats, etc., but like I say I feel really low and anxious/panicky since starting.  Will keep going with the supplements and soya milk and see what happens, oh and will definitely look into the Femseven ones. Keep going, things can only getter better x

karenja

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 05:00:28 PM »

Hi Taz its FEMOSTON 2/10* I meant that's the one the gp had not heard of x

ellie66

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:47 PM »

How can he not have heard of Femston 2/10 all he has to do is look it up, for god sake!  :-\ 

Suzyq

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »

It's hard to be patient but 3 months was what it took me to get full effects and don't forget you will still have bad weeks with your hormones chipping in! Don't fall into the trap of chopping and changing too quickly - it doesn't help!! Unfortunately there are no quick fixes! It took me 7 months to get mostly stable and I still have the odd blip ...

karenja

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 06:11:28 AM »

Hi  Suzyq

After having a bad night anxiety wise it helped reading your post there may be light at the end of the tunnel eventually x

Suzyq

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 11:37:01 AM »

Glad it helped - try to just hang in there! I nearly quit several times in the first couple of months, but didn't! Have you tried cognitive behavioural therapy for you anxiety? I know it sounds rubbish, but it genuinely does help!

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 11:43:37 AM »

Hi karenja

Sorry to hear about your ignorant GP!

As ellie66 says the doc only has to look it up. In cases like yours I would tell your doc about this site ie the main site and say you have  the information from there and print off the information from the menu
 ie here for cyclical HRT (progestogen for 2 weeks = monthly bleed)
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/perimeno.php

or here for conti (continuous progestogen = no bleed) HRT:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/postmeno.php

I agree with the others - re those having initial problems with the HRT - hopefully the side effects will settle and you do need to give this time otherwise you might try another one for a few weeks, get more side effects and conclude they are not working either!

In the meantime yes try to use other methods to cope with anxiety eg the technique on this site 3-2-1 anxiety exercise:
http://www.menopausematters.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,8454.0.html

Hurdity x

karenja

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 05:26:24 PM »

thank you everybody again, along with ranting to all you ladies I have also emailed dr currie does anybody know how long she normally takes to reply? I assume she does not work weekends?x

Suzyq

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 09:37:24 PM »

She replies quickly - generally within a day or two!

karenja

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2014, 09:04:33 AM »

thanks Suzyq, bad headache today just put third conti patch on one more to goes next tues, then next sat back to estrogen, am sticking with it as some ladies have advised to see if its the progesterone in evoril sequi making me feel awful x
Pages: 1 [2] 3