Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: replens...  (Read 17316 times)

Hurdity

Re: replens...
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2014, 07:28:53 PM »

Hi js

I wouldn't stop it just like that yet. You need to use every day for a fortnight ( minimum) and then twice a week afterwards. In severe cases some use it every night for 3 weeks and then even so some women need to increase it to 3 x per week or more now and again to maintain the benefits.

Your headaches may also have been due to something else.

Also initially when you start Vagifem, if your vaginal tissues are thin and atrophied. more oestrogen is absorbed into the system but if used correctly ( ie every night for 2 weeks at least) the tissues plump up and very litte is absorbed and you shouldn't experience headaches ( if indeed they are due to Vagifem).

I would persist for a couple of months at least.

Also if this doesn't suit you you can always use one of the vaginal oestrogen creams which is a different type of oestrogen less likely to cause systemic side effects  eg Gynest cream as others have mentioned.

Hurdity x

Js

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 07:10:42 PM »

Hi hurdity

Thanks for the advice I have left off the vagifem and not had the headaches so it must be something  to do with it anyway I am going back to docs as she wanted to do an internal anyway just to make sure there is no another problem but it seems that I can't get passed my cervix without it hurting not  so much I'm dry sorry too much info and so she wants to check then I can chat to her and see what she says

Js

hellen

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 08:17:32 PM »

i think way back when i had headaches when i first used vagifem, but i think im addicted to it now..  Recently i was told i should come off it as i didnt have atrophic vaginitus.  i used yes moisturiser, but i just felt dryer and dryer.. boots own brand moisturiser did seem to encourage moisture, and multi gyn actigel, certainly made things comfier..  but to be honest, nothing works as well as vagifem for me.. im not sure a moisturiser or lube would ever work for really bad dryness..
Pages: 1 [2]