Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Blister - keeps on growing  (Read 26326 times)

honeybun

Re: Blister - keeps on growing
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 07:32:28 PM »

Maybe give it a couple of days before you swim. I take it its an indoor pool. Not sure I would risk it quite yet. Perhaps wait until Monday before you get things really wet.
I know they say waterproof dressings but I'm not sure they would be pool proof.

I got a prescription for dressings as the surgery did not have enough. Hubby got a dab hand at it eventually. I hate my burn scars. Family tell me they are not noticeable...there are telling fibs. My neck is a mess  ::)

Honeyb
x

Limpy

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 07:49:04 PM »

It is an indoor pool but I think you are right, won't even think about it till next week, Wednesday probably before I do it.

The dressings I have stashed are ok for the shower but they get soggy when swimming.

The daft thing is the blister was fine when swimming, it's just that it kept getting bigger & bigger, I was worried about it bursting in an uncontrolled way. I should have listened to you and SL who said **** it. Nurse said the thinking on blisters has only changed recently, however the GP didn't know about it initially  ::)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:33 PM »

DO NOT GO SWIMMING!  pools and surrounding areas are not germ proof.  You could pick up something nasty or pass on any bugs that lurk in your wound. 

Waterproof are rarely that.  Also plasters are not breathable.  A small sterile dressing secured with lint bandage should be enough.  Any leakage is the body ridding itself of bugs and internal irritants.

Let Nature take her Course  ;)

babyjane

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 09:06:41 AM »

I agree with CLKD. I have not commented so far as I had nothing to offer, but my friend's husband developed cellulitis after swimming with an open leg wound. He was off work 3 months and could have lost his lower leg. Please be careful.

Limpy

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 10:33:03 AM »

Thanks CLKD and Babyjane.

Saw nurse this morning got leg redressed.
No gunge on dressing this morning so things are looking up.
The dressing is waterproof enough for a shower but definitely not for swimming. Been told to leave it on as long as I can.  Seeing nurse again on Monday morning.

CLKD

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »

Feet up, cuppa in hand  ;)

Limpy

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 10:40:32 AM »

There's been lots of feet up going on at the moment  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 10:42:06 AM »

Your tipple of choice is ...........  :whist: 

Right now mine's a cuppa with an Eccles cake  ::)

Limpy

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »

Don't ask......

We purchased a headboard for the spare bed, i.e. the one we use in winter when wind gusts are over 50mph/knph with rain. Headboard looks fine but the bolts we have for fixing don't fit. I think they never have but we botched, OH says no can't possibly be the case, went to local garage got new bolts, he's working on it now.

Right now my tipple of choice is anything which deadens the aggro.
Ladies, I'me going in, just off to see if I can offer support........

Rowan

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 02:36:56 PM »

Limpy have you though of Nuskin that you dab on and it forms a film, we use it and it does form a protective skin.

Limpy

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2014, 02:52:15 PM »

Thanks Silverlady - Hadn't thought of Nuskin, sounds useful,
I will definitely get some, if things haven't improved by Monday I will chase that up then.
However, I only managed to get some TCP this morning, so that is now available in the Limpy medicine chest. You can't rush these things.

Ladies, I went, I offered support, the new headboard is now fitted. Now we have another bedroom that can be used by proper people, not just us when hiding from strong winds and rain. The tat that was in there is now in the officially designated "box room"

Still thinking about the tipple of choice.

honeybun

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »

Good to hear it's getting a lot better.

We have spray on plaster, good grief that stuff stings like a beast. Works ok though. I am the only one that will use it as the rest of the family are cowards  ;D

I am considering my Friday evening beverage. I think I am leaning towards red I think  ;D Good job really as that's all we have got.

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »

"We purchased a headboard for the spare bed, i.e. the one we use in winter when wind gusts are over 50mph/knph with rain. ....... "

;D ............ you could move inside the house 4 protection from the wind or buy a tent ............

Limpy

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2014, 04:45:39 PM »

"We purchased a headboard for the spare bed, i.e. the one we use in winter when wind gusts are over 50mph/knph with rain. ....... "

;D ............ you could move inside the house 4 protection from the wind or buy a tent ............

Sadly, we ARE talking about IN the house.   :o
When the winds are from the west there is no protection at all, very very noisy, considerably worse when it rains.  One of of the disadvantages of having good views.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2014, 05:13:39 PM »

;D  ……… have you tried 2nd-dary double glazing, we used to buy a cling-film type product which was put on and tightened with a hair dryer.  Easily removed when Summer arrived.  Our 1st flat was draughty, opp. the beach - we plugged the floor boards with newspaper only to find the wallpaper would flutter  ;D  :D  ………
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5