Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: New to HRT - One week in on Evorel Sequi  (Read 2847 times)

Haveyoufedthecat

New to HRT - One week in on Evorel Sequi
« on: August 25, 2014, 05:14:02 PM »

Very impressed by this site so I joined!!!   Anyway one week on Evorel Sequi.  Still having periods but regularity of them is slowly going.   Was having hot flushes, palpitations,  feeling a bit breathless and anxious at times also.  Probably not waking feeling refreshed from sleep.

However, after exactly one week on Sequi.  Hot flushes gone, feeling much better after a snooze and I think my anxiety is going.  Also breathing better and much more laid back.

I have a couple of questions I'd like to put out there though.  I do smoke but am trying to cut down with a ecig and gum.  I am also a bit overweight with blood pressure and cholesterol well controlled with Meds.  My BP seems to have gone down in a week since starting HRT!!

I do have nagging worries about clots and have today started to take some Omega 3 1000 for its blood properties.   I have also started to take effervescent Vit C due to my two little grandchildren sometimes getting colds in the winter which doesn't help my Asthma if it goes on my chest.  I am getting the impression from various searches that I have done online that the risk with patches is very low and this is the treatment I opted for.  As a final note my own mother started the Menopause at 36, she never took HRT and having survived a brain haemorrhage at fifty eight died suddenly in her kitchen at home at the age of seventy three of a massive heart attack.  I wonder if HRT might have given her some heart protection.  I would just like to clarify that my supplements of Omega 3 and Vit C are safe with HRT.  I am forty six by the way and have probably been a bit peri for the last two years.

With thanks to all x

Taz2

Re: New to HRT - One week in on Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 06:09:19 PM »

Hi Haveyoufedthecat - welcome to the forum.

Brilliant news that HRT is working for you - the hot flushes are usually the first things to improve - anxiety can sometimes take a little longer.

As you are a youngster it's important that you do use HRT until the normal age of meno (50/51) because it does protect your heart and bones. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. I can't really advise as to whether she would have had a stronger heart if on HRT. Maybe the HRT would have given her a worse brain haemorrhage. Difficult to know. My mum had DVT's when she was younger and my GP carried out a clotting factor test to put my  mind at rest re being on HRT and the risk of stroke. Is this something your GP might consider for you?  Patch HRT is less likely to cause stroke or blood clot from what I understand and after the first year of HRT the probability lessens even more.

I'm not sure about Omega 3 although I believe my doc recommended me to take it when I was on HRT. Vitamin C is fine.

Taz x  :)  :welcomemm:

Haveyoufedthecat

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »

Awww thanks very much Taz.  That's reassured me further still.  Yes I do think the patches are good.  I asked my GP for it.  After checking my BP which was good, she agreed a month's trial.  I shall also get a random lipids test done by the healthcare assistant to see what HDL and LDL levels are. 

Rowan

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 06:24:42 PM »

Just to add to what Taz has said, you said your mum had a brain haemorrhage (bleed) which is different to a blood clot stroke.

I would take vitamin C with bioflavonoids which strengthen  the blood vessels.

I would not take a high strength omega 3 and it is a blood thinner, perhaps have a word with your doctor to see what he says.

Haveyoufedthecat

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 07:00:59 PM »

Thanks ladies, to be honest I feel that Mums haemorrhage was caused by a very very traumatic event that coloured the rest of her life.  She only had the one aneurysm which was clipped.  As a family we felt that the actions of her daughter from a previous marriage who left her young children behind to marry a foreign gentleman and live abroad was a big factor in what happened to her.  My father never truly forgave my half sister and died of a heart attack/broken heart himself fifteen months after my mother left this earth.

I'll plod on with Omega 3 for the moment and maybe try something else when I've finished the 89 I've got left.

You're a lovely crowd.  So very glad I joined x

Rowan

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 07:07:00 PM »

So sorry harveyyoufedthecat (love that profile name :)) so sorry about your mum, its so true what they say about stress and so hard to contain.

Good luck with your regime  :-*

Taz2

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »

Sorry - it's just that a cerebral haemorrhage is also known as a haemmorhagic stroke - I thought that HRT slightly increases the risk for both kinds - especially oestrogen only HRT.

Taz x