Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: MS and treatment  (Read 1832 times)

Smokey

MS and treatment
« on: August 25, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »

Hi

had A routine MRI scan first one since I was diagnosied in 2010, Hospital discharged me after treating my silent migraine symptoms, not sure why as nuro I was seeing should know that MSdoesnt just go away! Anyway I decided some months ago I should be seen at least once every year mainly because I was suffering from fatigue, had my appointment at which I had discussed the possibility of some medication to slow down the progression of MS after reading about it , but was told that is not an option at my Area/Hospital, but was sent for the MRI anyway.

Nowi have received a letter from head Neuro saying that I have an increased number of lesions since last MRI in 2010 and will receive an appointment to discuss treatment options!
Now how worried should I be ladies with MS ?

Any advise would be gratefully received. X

Limpy

Re: MS and treatment
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »

Really don't think you should be too worried.
An increase in lesions does not always lead to a worsening of clinical/physical symptoms.
You may now be offered treatment to slow down the progression of your MS. Yes, the same one you enquired about on your earlier appointment.  ::)

The good news is they will be keeping a closer eye on you.

Smokey

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 10:20:37 PM »

Thanks for your comforting words Limpy,I think the only things that have changed are I now have tingling down one arm numerous times each day, but also the fatigue has reduced quite a bit.

How are you doing at the moment?

Limpy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »

Not bad thanks Smokey.
I get the tingling thing as well, it's not there all the time, comes and goes, and is copeable.
Good luck with the appointment.